HAVOLINE has slayed your GC!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this oil was German?

WHy haven't I found any mention of the elven beings on the bottles in AZ?
I asked about the elixer made by elves late one night at a random AZ and got kicked out of the store.
twak.gif
Is it that much of a cult?

The Elves prefer to keep a low profile (I can't believe I said that..........yes, I can). They do not endorse the idea of a cult...they do endorse the idea of a highly enthusiastic following and in fact are basking in the green and golden glow of it all. They are devotedly loyal to their BITOG following and don't much care if their notoriety extends anywhere else.

quote:

I bought a Honda, and GC made my car extremely sluggish.

Is that because you feel that GC made it extremely sluggish?
It's hard to believe that a relatively minor difference in viscosity would create such a dramatic effect.

If I had to buy oil for my BMW GC is on top of the list. But alas, it's a lease and the BMW oil is free. However if I find that my mitsubishi indeed prefers an A3 rated oil I may defect from Mo.. well you know whos oil I am using right now, and try some of this stuff.. My clearance stock of cheap syn oil is almost gone. .
wink.gif

I don't think that buster's Honda was actually sluggish with GC, I think it was simply a product of his expectations when he used it, it certainly does not make my Honda sluggish.

Buster,

Have you tried Havoline Syn in your car ??

I picked up 42 quarts for $1 per quart at the AutoZone clearance......and I still haven't opened up a bottle.

In all seriousness, GC without a doubt made my car sluggish. It's not surprising as many others have noticed this is some smaller 4 cylinder engines. GC is an outstanding oil, probably the best 30wt on the market so i was looking forward to using it. Not all applications call for a thick 30wt oil though.
wink.gif

I havn't tried Havoline's Synthetic yet but plan to try the 5w-20 when it comes out. I have no idea how good their synthetics are, but if they are anything like the conventional Havoline, I'd be happy.
smile.gif

maybe Buster can be the Elves village idiot? I am sure the Elves would like some entertaiment. after all everyone likes a good laugh
tongue.gif

I guess this is what we get for leaving everyone alone. they come in here and pick on us. maybe they are jealous that we have our own area in the fourm.

seriously buster you call HALVOLINE a grat oil just because it dont make your honda sluggish? sorry to say unless its a V-tech. I find all honda 4 bangers sluggish compared to my V-8
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

maybe they are jealous that we have our own area in the fourm.

I'm sure they are.
Yet, because of that it takes Noobs quite a bit longer to discover GC since there is very little GC talk in the general motor oil forum where they come to first.
I think we need to post more often over there and start promoting GC by standing up to the GC misinformers or clear Castrol bashers every time we see them as to increase the exposure levels of the new crowds to the magic of GC.

quote:

I think we need to post more often over there and start promoting GC by standing up to the GC misinformers or clear Castrol bashers every time we see them as to increase the exposure levels of the new crowds to the magic of GC.

Thanks for proving my point.
cheers.gif

Hey, I'm guilty of it also. German Castrol is a GREAT oil (happy pscholte?).
cheers.gif
Just having a little fun.
wink.gif

Well, I will take the GC plunge in my '99 Accord (2.3 litre I-4 VTEC; a "low torque" engine) when I do my next oil change circa February. I will then definitely let you guys know if there are any changes, positively or negatively, in engine behavior. Until then, I will hold onto my pre-Katrina stash of $.99 Trop-Arctic (27 quarts, 5w-30 and 10w-30). Sorry to be blaphemous, but security blankets are tough to throw away.

There is so much going on here psychologically that I am not sure where to begin...
grin.gif

PS I AM glad that ALL OF YOU are part of this riotous répartee...
cheers.gif

Oh boy. I pity the poor lad who would choose Havoline Dino over GC in one of the many oil-abusive engines, particulary those with turbos. An oil must keep an engine clean AND lubricate well.

the Havoline-HM 10/30 bottles (nice ocean green btls) in the kitchen (yes, that's where I keep them) that I got last month are jumping up and down with the VSOT bottle, wanting to get into the Tunderbird 4.6L...They'll have to wait until the summer, though. it'll be my summer 6-month oil (a little too thick for the winter)...can't wait to see how it'll do
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back