Havoline Guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.
smells like you'd have to have the oil changes done by a 'pro' and have the invoices, rather than receipts from a store for the DIY'ers. Interesting tho

quote:

Originally posted by mh2800:
smells like you'd have to have the oil changes done by a 'pro' and have the invoices, rather than receipts from a store for the DIY'ers. Interesting tho

Yes, that is likely true...but for 300K? wow!
That in and of itself is a bigger pat on the back than the current advertisements for other brands claim. I'm not sure if this 300k is something old or current.

Sounds like applicants are also required to have a Texaco EspressLube facility do their oil changes to keep the "guarantee" validated. I'm not saying the promotion's a sham - I'm just nervous about the prospect of minimum wage, half brain-dead, knuckle-dragging service monkeys who dropped out of school after 2nd grade, and who were spawned by 1st cousins, mucking around with my car...

A bit harsh there, huh Ray
wink.gif
lol.gif

i was thinking you were holding back also.

spend an hour watching the fine folks at the big blue "Mart" tire lube express and if you didnt worry before you surely will after. especially if you do the 4 hour minimum of a rotate and balance like i did more than i care to admit. i still buy some tires there (only cause the discount i get) but have my local place R&B them. before you park the car good they have all 4 wheels off.

i will say that there might be some good ones out there. i know of 2 that i would use if i had to. cause i know the owners of each and they are right there beside their workers working. so they know things are done right.

About 9-10 years ago, I saw a banner in the service department of a Jeep dealership displaying the 300,000 advertisement. I've never tried Havolinein any of my vehicles, but from what I read on this site, it is not a bad oil.

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
I'm not saying the promotion's a sham - I'm just nervous about the prospect of minimum wage, half brain-dead, knuckle-dragging service monkeys who dropped out of school after 2nd grade, and who were spawned by 1st cousins, mucking around with my car...

I understand what you're saying, but if they guarantee 300K with those monkeys working on it, it may not be a bad deal to the average person. Most people never go that far on a vehicle anyway.

True, and true. Quaker State's and SOPUS corporate twin Pennzoil's warranties are for 250,000 miles or 10 years, and you can change the oil & filter yourself. At least every 4,000 miles or 4 months.

I think Castrol also offers a warranty like this Havoline warranty for 300,000 miles/10 yrs., but it was not DIY but only through Castrol lube affiliations.

quote:

I'm just nervous about the prospect of minimum wage, half brain-dead, knuckle-dragging service monkeys who dropped out of school after 2nd grade, and who were spawned by 1st cousins, mucking around with my car.

There goes Ray, candy-coating the Lilly again..

Or is it Guilding? Gelding?
dunno.gif

I wish for once, Ray, you'd tell us what you REALLY think?
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back