havoline d s still good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at mY local joe's sporting goods store, and they were having a going out of business sale. I picked up a case. Of havoline deposit shield at just under $2.00 a quart. Here's the question. I used havoline back in the 90s. With good results, but haven't used them since they got bought out by chevron in 2001. Is this oil still a good oil?

Wow 58 views and 1 reply. I am dissapointed. But thank you johnny for your reply. I will use with confidence

I believe many loaded up on this oil when WalMart closed it out a month or two ago. You may see more talk about it when people get around to using it. The pre Deposit Shield Havoline was highly regarded on this site.

Not sure why DS dropped off. If I recall it was about increased price vs. what other oils were out there for less......

I recon you are right. Because havoline is not as cheap as it used to be.
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
I believe many loaded up on this oil when WalMart closed it out a month or two ago. You may see more talk about it when people get around to using it. The pre Deposit Shield Havoline was highly regarded on this site.

Not sure why DS dropped off. If I recall it was about increased price vs. what other oils were out there for less......

i just paid a robust 1$ a qt for DS at wm closeout...only 2 qts left and promptly put it in sunfire mixed with castrol start up...it was mfg in nov 2008...i think it is good oil, i would have no problems using it...i was surprised they disc it...the start up was a buck at pep boys

I've used it three times with great results. I'm disappointed that it's becoming harder to find though..
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back