Havoline Conventional 5w20, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
No good no more.

Care to back that up with facts or just have other one liners with nothing to back it up?

Personal experience with Havoline Supreme 10w40 conventional for 5k changes in the wifes Explorer has been great. Best oil pressure I have seen with the SOHC 4.0.

Been running it in my '10F150 with currently 159,000 on it. I let the OLM tell me when to change, which usually comes in around 7500mi. Ran nice and smooth, except had some loss and had to add some makeup oil after 5k....If I use a blend or something like QSUD, M1, or PP, there is virtually no loss between changes. I only added 3/4-1qt makeup in the 7500mi interval, so that is not horrible on an engine with 159k on it. I can buy a 5qt jug, an extra qt bottle to go with it, and filter and spend pretty much around $20 for on oil change...not too shabby.

The nearest PepBoys to me is almost an hour away... Is this a sale price and if so, for how long? It would be worth the trip for that price!

Havoline is my favorite brand of oil...

Originally Posted By: copcarguy
The nearest PepBoys to me is almost an hour away... Is this a sale price and if so, for how long? It would be worth the trip for that price!

Havoline is my favorite brand of oil...

Clearance at every store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back