Havoline blend 5w30

Scheaffer Webscope did the analysis. Actually slightly lower Zinc And Moly than Chevron Supreme. Not that it matters, just noticed that.

Attachments

• 7CA6E3CE-A19A-45D8-834F-245A52226797.jpg
    7CA6E3CE-A19A-45D8-834F-245A52226797.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 039046C2-5C3A-4B5A-9444-943822CF8A77.jpg
    039046C2-5C3A-4B5A-9444-943822CF8A77.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 250
Are you going to run this oil in something? I scored several of those scheaffer kit's last month to last me a long time.

@himemsys Does this appear similar to the Chevron Supreme Synthetic Blend you already have listed?
VOA Data Base

I have a VOA here already for Chevron Supreme 5w30 blend SP rated. I feel it’s a toss up between the two. Chevron might be slightly better on paper but I opted for the Havoline due to it being in a 6 qt box and on the shelf.

Scheaffer Webscope did the analysis. Actually slightly lower Zinc And Moly than Chevron Supreme. Not that it matters, just noticed that.
Thanks. I'll add it to the database. I did not see a TBN on there. Am I overlooking it? I'm not super familiar with Scheaffer's format. Looks like there are TBN and TAN sections that are blank.

Also, is this SP-rated? Is this the oil in question?

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll add it to the database. I did not see a TBN on there. Am I overlooking it? I'm not super familiar with Scheaffer's format. Looks like there are TBN and TAN sections that are blank.

Also, is this SP-rated? Is this the oil in question?
Yes SP rated. Yes that is the correct oil. Scheaffers webscope focuses on the oxidation number as a measure of when to change so no TBN is included unless asked for.

The elements are mostly in the right ranges and proportions (Ca and Zn are the only ones with >10% difference). I'd say the add pack is about the same, but that doesn't mean they are the same oil.
Correct. Chevron Lubtek told me that they are close but the Havoline uses a higher percentage of group 3 in its base oil blend than the Chevron Supreme does. They didn’t say whether it’s 80/20 or 70/30 or what, just that it’s higher.

Correct. Chevron Lubtek told me that they are close but the Havoline uses a higher percentage of group 3 in its base oil blend than the Chevron Supreme does. They didn’t say whether it’s 80/20 or 70/30 or what, just that it’s higher.

Hey man thanks for the analysis on Havoline and the Chevron Supreme oils.

Back