Havoline 5w30 Synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you truly loved your Lexus, you wouldn't be asking that question.
grin.gif

AutoZone had a Havoline Synthetic closeout for $1 last year.

Its not that Havoline Syn is a bad oil, but at $4.59 per quart, nobody was gonna buy it. If they cant get rid of it at $2.98.....then it will be marked down even more. The AdvanceAuto I went to yesterday was full stocked.

Doesn't Havoline Synthetic compare fairly closely with Castrol Syntec... at least in the 5w- and 10w-30 weights? Seems like a really good buy to me at less than $3 per quart compared to any of the other "synthetics" that are out there.

As an update to my Advance Auto and the Havoline Synthetic, well, it is now all gone. Instead of reducing the price further, the inventory was shipped back to the warehouse.

I no longer recommend waiting for further price drops. If you want Havoline Synthetic at 2.95, you better get it soon.

I was very happy with my run of it ( one of the UOA's above) and if it goes on sale cheaper than $2/qt, I will get some more. I wish the AZ I got it from had more (I got the last four qts for $1 each).
vronline, it is probably on par with the non-GC Syntec.

I just nabbed some of this in the Collinsville, IL Advance Auto store and they were full stocked at $4.XX something a quart.

Going to hopefully have the time to change it tonight and see if it quiets up the top end of my fiance's Zetec.

Why would you buy this stuff at $4.XX a quart?

I thought the whole point of these various threads was to buy Havoline Synthetic only if it could be had cheap, as in "closeout."

Heck, at $2.95 a quart I wouldn't buy it, but $4.XX? That's M1/PP/Syntec territory.

quote:

Originally posted by dailydriver:

quote:

Originally posted by vronline:
Most of the stores had a better supply of the 10W-30, but some were the older SL variety.

Same here, $2.98/qt., 5 bottles each of 5W-30, 10W-30 left, ALL SL, in the "funky blue" colored containers. Once it's gone, that's it, so the mgr. told me. Oh yeah, this is the Dover (Victory Gardens), N.J. Autozone which claims they never carried GC (if they would even know GC if it bit them!!).

To each his own.

It was either this or Mobil1, and I saved a buck or so. Didn't get rid of the clatter, unfortunately, so I'm going to try an AutoRX treatment with Havoline dino.

Advance auto never gives closeout oil prices like autozone does. if they put it on sale, it's only like a $1 or $2 off. I heard redline was on closeout last year for $1 quart. When I went to try to pick up some redline, it was on closeout for $5.95. no thanks. they shipped it back to the warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back