Havoline 5W20 HM OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.
I just recently bought the new 6 qt. container of Havoline 5W20 HM oil to do an OCI on my 07 F-150 tomorrow. My good friend, Justin, will be doing the OCI. He will also be draining 4 qts. of old Mercon V from my trans pan. 4 qts. of MC Mercon V will be going back in. He will also be changing out my fuel filter. I bought a MAHLE brand this time.
Has anyone else here used the Havoline HM oil in their vehicles? Opinions?
Later on this week I will try to get those filters cut open for inspection.

Originally Posted by PimTac
There has been a fair amount of interest in Havoline here especially with the Smart Change box.

Here is a thread started yesterday on HM 5w20.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-using-havoline-smart-change#Post5058170

I should have searched the forum before posting. I'm a bit rusty and totally forgot.
blush.gif

Thanks for the link.

I have never changed the trans filter on my 4R75E trans in my 2008 F150 (185,000 miles)

It's just a "rock catcher" and doesn't really filter much of anything out.

I DO, however, have a Baldwin BT839-10 filter in the return line back to the trans. (10 micron)

Originally Posted by Linctex
I have never changed the trans filter on my 4R75E trans in my 2008 F150 (185,000 miles)

It's just a "rock catcher" and doesn't really filter much of anything out.

I DO, however, have a Baldwin BT839-10 filter in the return line back to the trans. (10 micron)

When I purchased my truck new in 07 (6 miles) I removed my trans pan at 24K miles and Tig welded a 1/4" thread o let onto my pan.
My Ford tech friend that worked on drive trains, suggested that I drain & fill the 4 qts. of fluid every 30K miles, and every 60K miles, drop the pan and replace the filter and 4 qts. of fluid. At 150K miles currently, I have been doing this since 24K miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back