Havoline 5W-30 and 10w-30 for $ 1.97 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought the last 20 quarts of Havoline synthetic 5W-30 and 10W-30 at my local Wally World. The price: $ 3 Canadian per quart (US$ 1.97).

Do you guys think there is a reason for the low price? Is it because they are changing the formulation?

As far as I know it is made from 100% synthetic base stocks and not hydrocracked.

Any comments?

Does it say SL on it? Perhaps it's old SJ stuff they are getting rid of. (which means it could be real synthetic)

Patman, did Wal-Mart discontinue this stuff? I don't see it on the shelves at any of their stores and there's really no spot on the shelf for it. Weird...

Do we have Wally World's in ON? Sounds like a west-coast thing...

Its not uncommon for Wal-Mart to have a sale on slow moving or older stock. For isntance, they were selling Detroit Red Wings windshield washers solvent (what next, Red Wings condoms!) for 2.69 gal here for about a month, now as of Sunday it was 2/$3 and only about 25 gals left. Move um out and make room.

[ February 17, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Mike ]

What a deal, that is a very well formulated oil as we see low wear even with longer drains with this product.
Too bad it sounds like a local fire sale.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
Patman, did Wal-Mart discontinue this stuff? I don't see it on the shelves at any of their stores and there's really no spot on the shelf for it. Weird...

I've been to three different Walmarts here in the last three days, and none of them stock Havoline synthetic. They have very low stock of the conventional Havoline too, most places just have the older label stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back