Havoline 10w-30 Synthetic - Noack

vvk

Yeah, we've had this discussion before. The numbers look amazing. Advance Auto Parts had a sale on this stuff for $3/qt. And it usually goes for $3.49/qt or so. Good stuff!

Motorbike

I conducted a search first to see if the Noack had been touched on and found nothing . One analysis I have seen showed this oil to do exceptionaly well except of course the TBN does not allow for the big time drain intervals but who really does that anyway ? Not many . [Razz] I'm not using Mobil SS but if I were I'd be tempted to try the Havoline 10w-30 up to 5-6k or so . Great noack , great protection , great pricing Hard to find [Smile]

pmt

Autozones in the Twin Cities, MN usually have Havoline Synth. Used to cost about $3.30/qt - was a good value. Now they charge $3.99 - not so good compared to M1 at Wally's for approx $4/qt in 5 qt pails.

quote:
Originally posted by vvk:
quote:
Originally posted by Motorbike: I conducted a search first to see if the Noack had been touched on and found nothing .
That's because I can't spell [Big Grin] Havoline Synth -- sleeper?

Hmmmm . . . That thread pretty much turned into a pro/con Mobil1 debate. Anyway, I have been a user of Havoline for years (dino Havoline) and would love to try the synthetic. I can't find much of it where I live though. [I dont know] It seems most of the store shelves here are dominated by Mobil and Castrol with the rest of the space being taken by Valvoline, Pennzoil, QS, etc.

I haven't found the Havoline at AZ, but I did find it at Advance AP, it was around $4 and I was tempted. Chevron does a good job with their plain dino oil so why not? -T

quote:
Originally posted by ebaker: The data sheet was from 9/2002.
And that sheet is still currently posted at their website, so I guess it is still valid.

I am getting ready to send in a sample for a UOA on motorcract 5w-30 in my buick; however I cleaned up on the Havoline Syn. at AZ and will do a UOA on that as well. I am either sending the sample to Blackstone or Butler SOS labs, have yet to decide.