Have You Used Your Gas Grill Lately ?

Gas!!! Charcoal is king, still grill weekly even during this 100* heat, getting some ribeyes ready for the grill. 🔥
1658621850725.jpeg

I have grilled one time this year. Usually it’s every other weekend or so, but that has changed. Meat prices have played a role in that as well as everything else that has gone up substantially. (Grocery bill, electric bill, gas prices, etc…)
We can definitely afford it, but considering how much everything else has gone up, I’ve decided to make a few adjustments here and there to protect a little of our hard earned money. We still buy a small amount of chicken breasts every other week or so for some of our meals, but that’s about it.

I fry my pomfret outdoor to avoid stinking up the whole house. They taste good but they are super stinky. Not grilling but just the same fuel on the frying pan.

I have grilled one time this year. Usually it’s every other weekend or so, but that has changed. Meat prices have played a role in that as well as everything else that has gone up substantially. (Grocery bill, electric bill, gas prices, etc…)
We can definitely afford it, but considering how much everything else has gone up, I’ve decided to make a few adjustments here and there to protect a little of our hard earned money. We still buy a small amount of chicken breasts every other week or so for some of our meals, but that’s about it.
Chicken is good. (y)
1658625149451.jpeg

We’ve cut back. Basically only grill hamburgers or chicken breasts now. we aren’t smoking meat either.
it’s a bummer!
A good hamburger with decent ground beef tastes really fantastic, at least to me. When you have a nice steak it is better sure, but still you get that satisfying "iron-y" beef flavor that you'll never get from chicken or pork.

A good hamburger with decent ground beef tastes really fantastic, at least to me. When you have a nice steak it is better sure, but still you get that satisfying "iron-y" beef flavor that you'll never get from chicken or pork.
do you go by approvals for meat?

My wife grills often. She makes an incredible steak, with a specialty of filet mignon that she butchers from tenderloins bought at Costco. Yes, the cost of meat has risen dramatically, but we have not changed our diet in response.

We did have the grille changed over to natural gas - no more propane cylinders - and that's increased the amount of grilling that she does.

She really is great at it, and I am, well, not in her league by a long shot, so, yeah, in our household, she does the grilling.

And I am merely the lucky beneficiary of her talent.

The cost of meat hasn’t affected us from grilling versus not. We need to eat and in the big scheme of things, the cost of meat in our budget hasn’t made a scratch.

We grill based upon our appetites, and sometimes when it’s really hot out… to avoid making heat in the home.

The cost of meat hasn’t affected us from grilling versus not. We need to eat and in the big scheme of things, the cost of meat in our budget hasn’t made a scratch.

We grill based upon our appetites, and sometimes when it’s really hot out… to avoid making heat in the home.
Exactly the same with us.

If I'm going to cut back on something it's alcohol. Not only have my wife and I reduced our alcohol consumption by at least 80% to maybe one 750ml bottle a week between us; about one small glass every other night, if that. That, and I'm buying less expensive wine. Strange thing is, I don't even care or miss it. It's a change both my wife and I think will be permanent, even if we won the lottery.

Scott

Last edited:
Back