Have you seen Wolf's Head oil lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was surfing on the net and came across the Wolf's Head spec sheet. Holy makerel!! 5w-30 meets just about every spec under the sun; 5w-20 is a close 2nd and meets almost every spec under the sun. Has anybody used it lately? Based on the spec sheet it should be pretty good and outperform many of the BITOG favorites. Looking at the MSDS, it looks like a Grp III oil(?). I haven't looked at Wolf's Head in quite some time; I think the last time I did it was pre SOPUS and Wolf's Head was under Pennzoil/QS.

Here the spec sheet URL:
http://www.wolfshead.com/specsheets/pcmo.pdf

What do you think??

Last edited:
"5w-30 meets just about every spec under the sun"

I'm not so sure about that. The data sheet doesn't say it meets all those specifications, it just calls it a "Performance Application Chart". Some oil marketers are using fuzzy words like recommended for xyz application to imply that they have been tested against and certified to all those specifications when perhaps they haven't actually done so.

Recommended for xyz application is not the same thing as certified against specification xyz.

That brand travels to more different ownerships since the 70s - even more than the number of Barry Bonds perjury charges count.

Poor Barry.... need a Kleenex?

Noticing that Wolf's specs are at the lower end in many of the tech data areas when comparing to other competitor oils, it must be heavily fortified to be considered for so many application specifications. 5w-30 looks very close to Exxon Superflo 5w-30.

Last edited:
Wolfshead is made by Petroleum Packers in Tampa FL. I see that all their multi-grades are SM-CF that includes their 5w20.

Quote:
Have you seen Wolf's Head oil lately?

Not sure if that's a rhetorical question, but OSH is the only place that seems to carry it -- or maybe I just don't notice it anywhere else.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
The last time I heard of it being used was by John Belushi.

LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back