Have you guys checked out the new topic in General and Off Topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys checked out the new BOBISTHEOILGUY topic in the General and Off Topic Section? New regulations are going into effect by early October that will affect the shipping of products like fuel injector cleaner and a lot of Schaeffer's products. I didn't see any mention of restrictions on motor oil. If it becomes too difficult to buy stuff mail order I will just go with Chevron that I can buy locally. What sort of fuel injector cleaner can we use? Can we even store such stuff in the garage? What about products like Fuel Power and Lube Control? What about Auto-RX?

I assume that Auto-RX would be okay to ship since it is made from natural materials. But perhaps Fuel Power and Lube Control might be in trouble.

These new restrictions might change a lot of things.

Hazmat is usually defined by flashpoint for shipping as long as it is not toxic or unstable by any other measure.

The 2 products mentioned above have flashpoints as high or higher than motor oil so I do not see any issues associated with shipping them.

Motor oil and oil samples are NOT classified as hazmat.

The LOW FLASH products are going to get killed by this needless restriction IMHO.

That is a good point to bring up. How will gun cleaning fluids and gun oils be affected by the new regulations? I would guess the gun oils would be okay, but how about gun cleaners?

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
Technically, gunpowder and ricin are made from "natural materials", too...

er...Ray...how come you to pick THOSE TWO as examples?
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:
That is a good point to bring up. How will gun cleaning fluids and gun oils be affected by the new regulations? I would guess the gun oils would be okay, but how about gun cleaners?

tHE DO MAKE SOME bio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back