Have you grown to dislike working from home?

Since COVID hit, everyone in the small technology company I work for has gone to working exclusively from home.
Does anyone else finding that they do not prefer the remote working lifestyle? At first it was novel and fun, but it got old fast. I have started going back in to the office the last year or more, but since I'm usually the only one there, from a social perspective, I may as well be working from home.

This introvert is missing my co-workers.

Last edited:
Nope! On a hybrid schedule but I'll work from home any time I get.

Reactions: JC1
I started WFH (100%) in IT development roles in 2003 which allowed me to participate in so much of kids lives now age 9 - 17. I figured it out. Best part is doing 8hr day in 6.5 - 7hrs mainly by working during boring meetings.

I still miss coworkers but notice buildings of local major IT jobs have empty parking lots.

While working from home, I was able to take better care of myself, both physically and mentally, however, I wasn't as effective at my job. In person, which happens to be my preference, I'm more effective at my job, but my body and mind are paying the price. I can't seem to correlate as to why this is, but these are my observations.

I prefer working from home. I am constantly interrupted whenever I go into the office. Plus, I tend to work longer or odd hours working from home. Definitely wouldn't go into the office at 2am, but have no problems logging in from home at 2am.

Reactions: JC1
I prefer working from home. I am constantly interrupted whenever I go into the office. Plus, I tend to work longer or odd hours working from home. Definitely wouldn't go into the office at 2am, but have no problems logging in from home at 2am.
That's one thing I don't like about it. I prefer to have separation between work life and home life. When it's quitting time I want to be done with work for the day.

Social Security will be out of everything except IOUs by the time I am eligible
Don't fret. When the US government can't pay you (and millions more) your SS perhaps your state will step in and save you. They issued script like this during the depression to keep commerce going.

script.jpg

Been working from home since COVID. I really like it, on line early in the morning working till normal quitting time. I get out and walk each day at lunch with wife and dog. Saving wear and tear on my vehicles. My job does require traveling at least one week a month most months. Like Passport1 I will be retiring this time next year!

I've been 100% WFH since March 2020. It's been great. Commuting costs are 0. I live far away from civilization with dirt roads, forests, and clean air. Nice views. Also, I'm a lot more productive then if I were in the office.

Not a big fan. Drove into the worksite (a datacenter) even during covid because I enjoyed the commute through rural CT and no one else was in the office anyway.

Didn't like "work stuff" sitting in my home.

Full time remote now. I put on regular work clothes and sit @ my desk.

Last edited:
80% work from home and 20% traveling to customer sites.

No need for office if you can do almost everything at home.

Back