Have you ever read anything as crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can think what you like, I know what I saw. I could actually see the oil leaking out from behind the harmonic resonator after I added mobile one. At the time I thought I was in serious trouble as that wasn't something that could be fixed cheaply. Although I haven't looked, but I believe there is no longer a leak after I topped up several times with castrol. Last top up was about 4 months ago. End of oil consumption suggests that. A taletell sign of a leak is the burning oil smell. I no longer have that.

My own theory is that the mobile one oil has the wrong molecule size for BMW engines. It would leak where castrol would not.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
My own theory is that the mobile one oil has the wrong molecule size for BMW engines. It would leak where castrol would not.

You mean viscosity? I don't think molecule size would do anything at such a macro level.

It is very common to see oil leak when you first switch to a particular oil. I've seen that with PP, Synpower, Maxlife, etc. But dino always seems to stop the leak.

The solution I think is to replace the gasket if it is easy to reach, or stick to an oil that is thicker (Castrol is usually thicker than M1).

When did you change to M1 oil, daytime or nighttime ? M1 is very picky, if you change your oil during the day you'll have a leak. I always change oil at night for M1 and during the day for anything else and I have no leak in all my cars.
crackmeup2.gif

His user name is GoingNuts, I think it suits his way of thinking. He also thinks BMW are to conservative with 15,000 mile OCI's and tells everybody 30,000 mile OCI's are the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back