Have you ever noticed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever noticed all the oil puddles when you park in a parking lot?It's amazing to me that there are people out there who never think of checking their oil/tranny fluid/coolant level.Maybe it's just me but I just can't believe how many people neglect their cars.People spend a ton of money on expensive cars,trucks,and suv's but they never think of these important and necessary things.

Originally Posted By: gonzo
yep,me too!I bet it's good for you're car with all the different things mixed in with the oil.

How do you think I gain all the extra BHP?

In all seriousness. I know what you mean. Get that [censored] leak fixed people! You're ruining my beautiful roads people....well, what's left of it that Eisenhower built.

I'm surprised the EPA never gripes about all the oil washing into the storm drains when a hard rain comes.

We will be riding horses and camels soon.Then we can talk about what kind of oil we lube our new transportation with.

Originally Posted By: gonzo
We will be riding horses and camels soon.Then we can talk about what kind of oil we lube our new transportation with.

Yeah, about that. No thank you.

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
I have noticed and wondered about too, I figured most of the mess were created from beater cars.

The same people you see walking into autozone and buying just 1qt of motor oil usually......The top off crowd.

Yes. PB, AA, ..not so much NAPA all have the Valdez motif on the concrete or macadam. The further from the entrance, the cleaner the parking space.

OT side note. I went to Best Buy once in Reading (actually a suburb, Shillington) ..and much of the parking lot ..just about as far as I could reasonably see, had many layers of chewing gum embedded in the macadam. It was rather "weird". I had never seen anything like it.

Originally Posted By: hpichris
Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
I have noticed and wondered about too, I figured most of the mess were created from beater cars.

The same people you see walking into autozone and buying just 1qt of motor oil usually......The top off crowd.
The crazy thing is... The money they spend on oil could pay for repairs to the seals/gaskets that are leaking.
21.gif

My car slowly drips oil onto the garage floor. The sucky thing is, neither me nor my mechanic can figure out where it's leaking from.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
My car slowly drips oil onto the garage floor. The sucky thing is, neither me nor my mechanic can figure out where it's leaking from.

Seriously?

In my apartment complex it seems that almost every spot has a decent sized oil stain. I'm not kidding -- just about every spot.

I like to remind people of those puddles every time they talk about how advanced engines and oils have gotten.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You need to find a new mechanic!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back