Have you ever met anybody famous?

I've met Ted Nugent twice. First time, it was at the Sports Show in Milwaukee. Very pleasant man.

Not really 'famous', but had drinks with John Dorsey, when he was still with the Packers.

Said hello to Rush Limbaugh, when he spoke in Milwaukee, fall of 1991.

Brief conversation with Ironhead Heyward.

Just remembered, rubbed elbows with Ken Patera
Met Greg Gagne about 7 years ago. He was selling Jaguars.

The revolutionary of 100 years ago? Wow!
Yes, that’s him. Growing up my grandfather used to talk about him all the time (of course as a young kid I didn’t care). But he’d tell us how he used to play in his back yard and stuff. After watching the movie, I thought to myself...Jesus, if I was your parents I don’t know if I’d feel safe letting you play in his backyard. 🤣🤣

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
I've met a lot of famous people I guess. More hockey players than I can list including some of the greats. Buddy Rich as a kid, Jeff Berlin, David Via, Lou Albano, Larry Coryell, Virgil Donati. Most either because my dad worked in the NHL, or because of my friendship with Jeff and David.

Here is a picture of David with Jeff (not mine) David was such a cool guy, I was not a drummer at the time but he taught me so much about music. I wish I could talk to him now but he sadly died.

david-and-jeff1.jpg

I guess I should add Kenny Kramme. He lived near me when I was growing up and I remember when he got his first drum set. Not super famous but still played with some of the greats.

I don't know if this counts as "meeting" but, back in the '70's I was out on a date with my now wife, and one night we went to the movies. In Totawa NJ. As we were walking in the theater, there was a guy and a woman talking to someone from the theater. I looked at him and said to my wife that's someone famous, but I couldn't think of his name. So we went and got our seats, and the guy I told my wife about came in with his wife,and sat right in front of us. Then it hit me who he was, It was Yogi Bera. He nodded hi and sat right in front of me.,,

Evel Knievel, I met him when I was a kid in Deming NM when the Ford dealer my dad worked for sponsored him to perform his wheelie act at the local drag race track. That was before he started jumping motorcycles.
Later in life, in the 1970's, I met him and had drinks with him several times when he would be in Spokane WA. My wife was the bartender at the motel he stayed at and would call me to come down to have a few drinks with him. He was very fond of my wife and always tipped her very well.
He was quite the man to spend time with and just talk about all sorts of things.

Not me , but one day my daughter in law was at a private function and found herself sitting on a barstool next to Chipper Jones . She tried to make small talk with him but he wouldn't talk to her . She told him he was rude and walked away . . :)

I met four of the surviving members of my Dad's B-17 crew at a reunion one time . Not famous , but some pretty cool old guys .

Reactions: GON

wtd

I met Naomi and Winona Judd back in about 2000. My wife at the time won a contest where we got to go meet them outside of Nashville at a private concert they had for all of the contest winners. I have a picture somewhere that I took with both of them.

I've met several infamous people such as John Gotti, Vincent "The Chin" Gigante, and the blind Sheik who was involved in the first World Trade Center bombing back in the early 90's. I also met Jared Lee Loughner who shot Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and others. I'm sure there are others that I can't remember at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: GON