Have the SOPUS tides turned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
or this just an anomaly? Stopped by the oil aisle at the local WM and PYB was $3.47 & QSAD was $3.57 - no rollback or sale signs, just the usual shelf sticker. This is a first that I've seen with PYB is cheaper than QSAD; 5qt jug prices are still the same with PYB being more. Is there something going on that we don't know about?? I can't see it being marketing as I'm within 30 miles of Hendrick's-ville. How about at your WM, is there a price switch?

Maybe the wrong stickers were under the products or the oil has been moved and the shelf stickers are for another product. See it all the time when I go to WM.

You have to make sure to use the customer scan before you go to the checkout. You don't want any last minute surprises.

PYB is about $3.97 in the quarts and $14.50 in 5 Quart Jug at my WM.

Last edited:
I can get name brand butter for less at WM than I can their store brand. People just assume stuff is cheaper sometimes. Or they assume a price jump is entirely inflation and that the store's greediness is not in play.

WM is snarky, 50 things in your cart at 1% profit and they make twenty bucks on one little thing.

That's just the way Wallyworld prices some of their items. You can buy a family size box of cereal for cheaper then the smaller box.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
It's not because of anything SOPUS has done. Probably just something going on in your area due to the fact of Hendricks's-ville.

+1

It's not because of anything SOPUS has done. Probably just something going on in your area due to the fact of Hendricks's-ville.

Which Hendrick are we talking about here?

The price for a 5 quart SOPUS DINO Jug in the WM in my area is as follows:

Quaker State - $12

PYB - $14.50

PYB is justifiably more because of the strong add pack of quality detergents and with the boost of Moly in the SN formulation. QSGB is a great Dino and holds up well for a standard OCI, if not more. If you want cleaning action...go with PYB....if you want durability, as advertised....go with QSGB.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nthach

Owner of NASCAR teams and a plethora of dealerships.

At a WM 5 miles down the road the PYB & QSAD prices are back in line.

Originally Posted By: ProfPS
Originally Posted By: nthach

Owner of NASCAR teams and a plethora of dealerships.

At a WM 5 miles down the road the PYB & QSAD prices are back in line.

I used to work at one of his Honda dealerships - and the lone one in California, too.

I can't speak to PYB. But last night I was in Walmart looking at oil. (Due to my stash, I haven't shopped for oil in a few years). I was shocked to see that PP was $6.14/quart here -- only 25 cents less that M1! Have I been living in seclusion for too long? When did PP climb this high? I seem to recall just a year or two ago it being like $4.97/quart.

-Bryan

Originally Posted By: Bryan K. Walton
I can't speak to PYB. But last night I was in Walmart looking at oil. (Due to my stash, I haven't shopped for oil in a few years). I was shocked to see that PP was $6.14/quart here -- only 25 cents less that M1! Have I been living in seclusion for too long? When did PP climb this high? I seem to recall just a year or two ago it being like $4.97/quart.

-Bryan

You missed all the roll backs that happend last year,great deals on PU,PP,M1, i have 5 jugs of PU i scored for $20 out the door.

everything is back to regular price now, you snooze you loose.

Rarely pay attention to qts. prices, too high. Buy Wally qts. only with price match.

Jugs remain the same. QS Green $12, PYB $14.50.

Temp. anomaly, imo.

Originally Posted By: daman
everything is back to regular price now, you snooze you loose.

Fortunately, I wasn't looking to buy. Just checking stuff out. Still, PP seems to be much higher than in the past.

-Bryan

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Rarely pay attention to qts. prices, too high. Buy Wally qts. only with price match.

Yes, I wish I could find PP 0W20 and M1 0W20 in jug size.
grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobil 1 was just introduced in the 5-quart jugs for the 0W-20. Ask you Walmart automotive manager to order you some. It is available. Our Walmart has it now.

Mobil 1 was just introduced in the 5-quart jugs for the 0W-20. Ask you Walmart automotive manager to order you some. It is available. Our Walmart has it now.

Sweet! Thanks for the tip. Wish PP would follow.
grin.gif

-Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back