Have Parts For Cars You No Longer Have?

Yes my dad has a crap load of parts for his 1977 Alfa Romeo Spider still, sold the car in 2008 back to the original owner lol. Spark plugs, oil filters, ignition parts etc.

Nope. Usually anything that is car specific will go with the car when it goes away.

I make it a habit to go through stuff I have in storage every spring, and try to toss stuff I don't use. That said, after moving into a house that is probably 4x bigger... I could see myself falling out of that habit...

This is what Ebay is for. Make 3 or 4 sales a week for stuff most people throw out. Latest sale, 6 Champion plugs barely used. $16 sale price, net $10 after fees and shipping. A nice lunch for something I would have chucked.

No, I organize my vehicle specific parts and group them together. I just got rid of a vehicle and gave the new owner everything. No point in hoarding.

I have a garage full of parts for cars I don't own anymore. I even have VW motors for three different ones. I have radiators and such for cars I own and a box of Spark plugs and an old roller crankshaft for a 40hp VW. I need to just load it up and recycle it but I always think one of my 3 sons will want to restore one. Have camper parts too from previous campers. Need to clean it out this spring. I am not getting any younger and I wear out much quicker than I used to.

I'd bought the 0W-40 oil and 2 Mann oil filters for the '15 BMW 3 Series, which promptly got itself flooded in a freak rainstorm and had to be totaled. I ended up trading the oil and filters to my regular mechanic as payment (plus his labor charge) for the Buick's first OC on my watch.

For a long time after I traded that car, I had the HeatShield sunshade for the Buick Park Avenue. Nobody wanted to buy it, in person or online. It was too big for the Regal; I had to throw it away. The Regal's HeatShield is still in my closet -- it worked well for the BMW, but was a bit small for the LaCrosse. (Anybody interested? PM me!)

Back