Have Parts For Cars You No Longer Have?

I always have parts leftover for cars I sold/traded in. Almost never know anybody with the same vehicle to give them to.
Currently have;

various oil/fuel filters
one steering rack Volvo
one starter, not sure for what
power steering pump Volvo
various air cooled VW clutches, ignition pieces
ignition pieces for Ford Windstar
motorcycle battery
other bits & pieces I'm finding in an old storage shed

Does this happen to anybody else?

I just unexpectedly got rid of my BMW a couple of months ago, I have probably at least $2500 worth of mostly new parts in my basement. I went through it a few weeks ago and I was kind of shocked at how much stuff there was down there.

Anybody interested in a "bunch" of parts for an M60 E34?

I have the cargo cover and a Fram Ultra oil filter for the Laser. In the excitement of helping load her up, I forgot. I also have a Delco oil filter for the Fiero.

I'll add to this thread.

I have about $200-$300 of maintenance parts for a VW Beetle 1.8T, early 2000's era. Parking brake cables, filters, spark plugs, cam chain tensioner gasket and tool, etc.

Yes,

I have a number of parts for my old Mazda Protege5.

I walked up to someone who had a Panther Platform Ford and asked if they did their own work. They said their husband/boyfriend did it, so I said I have an oil filter that fits your car if you want it.

I was keeping it for my daughter's Escape, but she moved on to a 2015 Prius, so I had no need for the oil filter.

I should box up the Protege5 parts and just offer them up for free to the first taker and get them out of my garage.

I always have parts leftover for cars I sold/traded in. Almost never know anybody with the same vehicle to give them to.
Currently have;

various oil/fuel filters
one steering rack Volvo
motorcycle battery

Reactions: JC1
I have an electric fan for our Flex...I still own the Flex but I just don't want to do the job for some reason. The part has been sitting in my garage for almost 2 years now, wife asked me recently when I'm going to fix her fan, I told her it has 2 of them and the 1 is doing just fine :p

Got a few oil filters, two wheel cylinders, two transmission filters and a center piece for a wire wheel cover for a 97 Buick Lesabre I once owned. Atleast they are nickel and dime stuff.

My work place is loaded with stuff for old equipment they no longer have. Found a case of oil filters for a 62-78 Cummins Diesel lol

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_155819.jpg
    IMG_20201120_155819.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 13
The "better topic" would have been-"How much oil/filters do you have for cars you no longer use/service"?

Currently have;

various oil/fuel filters
one steering rack Volvo
motorcycle battery

Yep.

I have a few parts from the Sienna I got rid of in 2015. I posted online to sell them had no takers.

I also have a bunch of bolts and fasteners for that Toyota that I've kept. You never know if you'll need them for some other car one of these days.

I found a voltage regulator for my '64 Corvair 969.
I religiously give EFT (Every Thing) to whoever buys the car.
It's funny. Most people say "thanks". Others say, "Hehuuh, waddooeyedo with this stuff?"

After a service advisor toId me my wife's Matrix were in poor condition, I bought brake pads for front and rear. On disassembly I found her front pads to be about 50% worn so I changed them but the rears showed very little wear at all so I shelved them for future use.
Our family outgrew the beloved little Matrix and it was traded in.
Most Corolla/Matrix have drums in the rear so the little Toyota box sits on a shelf as a reminder that if a service writer tells you your car is on fire don't grab the extinguisher until you see it or smell smoke....

I have a bunch of Miata and '99-'16 Ford truck parts. Will likely collect dust in the loft above my shop for the next four or five decades.

When I get time, I'll go through and find the decent stuff... will post it in the for sale section, free to a good home.

Back