Hasty-Vac lawn vacuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my old, trusty, lawn vac out this afternoon, getting it ready for fall leaf clean up duty. The Briggs Intek 5.5 hp engine is getting tired. Thinking about buying a new Predator replacement engine from my local Harbor Freight. Anyone have any experience with these engines? It is my understanding that they are pretty good engines. A new one runs $119, iirc.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I think they have a reputation of being inferior Chinese junk.

I have 2 of them, they are called Chonda - Honda clones made in China. Actually they are very good engines. HF has come a long way over the years in this area. If you haven't really used one, don't knock it. Powerful and start well. Cast iron liners, etc. Don't quite have the compression release feature of Honda OHV, but for the price, can't be beat. Main thing is to maintain your gas, especially if not used regularly. BTW - I own and have owned MANY Honda OPE over the years so I have a solid basis for comparison. If you don't have to use CA junk gas and buy the CA emissions versions, you are even more ahead. Use non ethanol if possible. 20 and 25% HF coupons makes them a steal.

Last edited:
Why not get replacement B&S from jackssmallengine? They arent much more expensive and they are built in the usa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back