HASTINGS ? Good oil filter ?

an acquaintance that has a garage swears by them for his own and customers use . May see if can get oil filter for the YARIS from him . THANKS

Our local auto parts store use to carry Hastings. I used them in mhy old Nissan. Very well built from what I can tell.

Baldwin and Hastings are one and the same company now. Baldwin makes heavy duty filters primarily, and I would say they are every bit the equal of a Purolator in most applications.

Baldwin filters are excellent, I use them on my race car and daily driver. Very sturdy case and I have no problems with startup timing chain noise on the modular ford engines.

I use Baldwin because 1) they are good quality filters (IMO as good as Wix) and 2) I like the racy red color. Another good filter is Fleetguard. Can get at truck supply shops and tractor stores. They make em to fit cars and light trucks too.

I remember my Dad always using Hastings canister filters way back when, '51 Ford, I think. There may still be some lying around the basement. Maybe they're collectors items by now....
 Quote:
I like the racy red color.
They ARE pretty snazzy, eh?

Originally Posted By: RWEST
I remember my Dad always using Hastings canister filters way back when, '51 Ford, I think. There may still be some lying around the basement. Maybe they're collectors items by now....
 Quote:
I like the racy red color.
They ARE pretty snazzy, eh?
Yes! And different enough to NOT be mistaken for a Fram! Someone suggested the Baldwins when I put up a thread stating that I was planning to paint my Wix filters bright orange for that racy look.

Hastings are very good filters, a little while back I purchased a few, Part No LF107 & LF134, took them apart, great construction.

Originally Posted By: Steveo_supremo
Dang! now I want a Baldwin on My truck. I don't think anyone carries them in this town, though. Oh, and why would You leave a filter on for two oil changes??? Is the $5 You save really worth it??
Go to the Baldwin website and there is a dealer lookup page. There is only one place on my side of Detroit that has them and I drive about 9 miles one way to get them. Consequently I stock up.

Originally Posted By: JPayne6128
Thank You for the comments on our filters, and yes I enjoy running them because they are red too.
Nice to have you aboard. I also like the threaded end bypass valve on the B2 for my Fords.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Go to the Baldwin website and there is a dealer lookup page.
I did that and found some not far. I'm running a racy red B243 now. Seems like a very nicely made filter.

My dad used them many years ago, they were very good filters then. A local auto parts store sold them, they went out of business a long time ago, and I haven't seen them since. AD

Originally Posted By: syn_all_the_way
I can get the Baldwin (B43-S) for my car locally for $4.19 ea. Is that a good price?
In my neck of the woods, that's a good price.
 Originally Posted By: ADFD1
...A local auto parts store sold them, they went out of business a long time ago, and I haven't seen them since. AD
Its a shame. The marketing guys have pushed a handful of brands...often good ones--don't get me wrong...into every parts store. I want more choices.