Has Honda changed their mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'02 Acura MDX here. Manual says 5W20, oil cap says 5W30
dunno.gif

S2000driver, I don't know if I totally agree with your assessment of the Honda Owner's Link website ... supposedly this website is updated based on the most current recalls, TSBs, and other corporate Honda directives. I looked up 02 Odyssey oil recommendations on the owner's link and 5w-30 is recommended for this year as well.

Overall I agree this is a confusing issue ... would be real nice if Honda would have issued some sort of guidance similar to what Ford did when they went to 5w-20 in many of their vehicles, present and past models. Perhaps Honda did and I'm not aware of it? Has anyone seen an official Honda policy on 5w-20 applications?

I've seen a nice countertop protector at my Honda dealership that discusses this topic, yet is further contradicts owner's manuals and oil fill caps.

quote:

Originally posted by guile:
BTW, are you the same pinoy99 that has posted on the Edmund's Isuzu Trooper boards?

offtopic.gif
yes, trying to remember all signon/password was/is becoming a nightmare so I decided to follow the KISS rule.

Getting back on topic, one can not be sure what those tech in the dealership puts on these cars anyway mostly coming from bulk containers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back