Has anyone tried the cheap foreign diesel engiens?

There are cheap little diesel engines on evil bay, rocket man's company, ect.
They are like $270 to $600.
Has anyone tried them?
Are they a clone of a known engine that you can get parts for?
How long do they last?

There's a 196cc version I was thinking about picking up for my log splitter.

I love the translated info sheet.

ChinaDieselCapture.JPG

I saw these just the other day on Amazon and wondered the same. I wonder how hard they’d be to start in cold weather.

I assume the larger ones are Yanmar clones. I would buy one knowing there will be no available parts.

I recall seeing a 10HP one dyno tested and it made about 8HP. No surprise, as at 406cc displacement, a diesel engine is a little lower in output than a similarly sized gas engine.

I recall seeing a 10HP one dyno tested and it made about 8HP. No surprise, as at 406cc displacement, a diesel engine is a little lower in output than a similarly sized gas engine.
The Chinese exaggerate everything, and since the FTC has no control over them, they get away with it. I always assume that I need to deduct about a third from whatever they are claiming. A small generator that I purchased claims to output 1600 watts continuously, it turned out that it produces barely 1000 watts, any higher load and the voltage and hertz both drop.

Lots of YouTube videos out there with these. From what I've seen, they're very loud and vibrate a lot. Still pretty neat though for $200 or so.

I'm working on getting the government school funding to buy me one (if I can convince them it's educational, and it's not forbidden, they'll buy it) you can actually get parts for the 196cc ones but the quality of those parts is dubious

Back