Has anyone tried buying parts from Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Sometime back we had a discussion that W-M was now selling auto parts at discount prices. I have my favorite parts houses, and I try to avoid shopping at W-M, but they do have a good oil selection and if it can be a fast and convenient process, Id consider it. Has anyone done this yet???

Walmart has tendency to screw up oil filters, they are numerous posts I would never trust them with auto parts.

There is cheap, than there is wallmart cheap. Except for oils and miscellaneous fluid and accessories I wouldnt trust them.

Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
Walmart has tendency to screw up oil filters, they are numerous posts I would never trust them with auto parts.

There is cheap, than there is wallmart cheap. Except for oils and miscellaneous fluid and accessories I wouldnt trust them.

I don't trust most of their products either. From my reading however, it seemed that they just sort of wholesaled parts via another vendor perhaps... And they weren't necessarily walmart spec parts... Yet.

I thought they had centric brakes? Could be worth a shot but with them being special order it would take about the same time as amazon prime or rockauto.

My suspicion is it's a service for the vast percentage of people unable to pay via credit card... cash only.

I wouldn't mind having WalMart sell dumb parts, like spark plugs and filters. I wouldn't want them to pick out something more complex like a fuel pump or suspension parts that they can easily screw up.

I even shun chains like OReillys and AutoZone and go to the local independent if I feel that I'll be needing some counter advice.

WalMart sells about anything online through other sellers. Kind of like Amazon. I'll take Amazon though. Much better policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back