Has anyone spotted an Ultra XG12060 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
Fram has been promising us this new 22psi bypass PF64 equivalent oil filter for a while now, and it was supposed to be released in the new year so I'm wondering if anyone has seen this filter yet? I'm hoping it'll be in Walmart before the end of the spring (that'll be when I'll need to change the oil in my Corvette)

That's the one I need for my Impala... Just checked Fram's website, they still only list the XG10575.
confused2.gif

If it supersedes the XG10575 I assume they are still working on it. The reason I suspect this is the 10575 was on clearance for a while to possibly make room for the 12060. When I frequent the oil filter aisle I will look out for it and let everyone know. Pat, have you tried contacting Jay?

If you can't find it by the spring time, it's ok. Because Wix does have an XP for your Corvette, and it is already available
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GSCJR
If it supersedes the XG10575 I assume they are still working on it. The reason I suspect this is the 10575 was on clearance for a while to possibly make room for the 12060. When I frequent the oil filter aisle I will look out for it and let everyone know. Pat, have you tried contacting Jay?

I have been in contact with Jay in the fall and at that time he told me it would be released in January, after they reprinted the Fram catalogs for the retailers.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
If you can't find it by the spring time, it's ok. Because Wix does have an XP for your Corvette, and it is already available
smile.gif

I'm using the NAPA Gold (with the right 22psi) so I'll just buy another one of these if I can't get my hands on the Ultra. But the filter I really want to be running from now on is the Ultra (unless something better comes along at a similar price)

My GM has block bypass which sort of has been their tradition. It was a good idea too bad they had to change it and filters have to be made special. With block no worries if the spring is correct and no washing of dirt into engine concerns during bypass, etc.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
What advantage does this give? Will this change/increase the flow?

No "increase in flow" due to a positive displacement oil pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back