Has anyone seen the licensed ATF+4 in stores ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we've heard it is coming, I haven't restocked my ATF+4 from the dealer.

Anyone seen any yet from the oil companies we heard were licensed ?

Yeah, Check out the Redline D4-ATF. It meets the Dexron IV requirements. I'm using it in my 4L80E and so far so good. I have noticed that the tranny shifts smoother and it runs cooler as well. Good stuff and priced not too bad. Did a flush and replaced all the Dino with the Syn. It took 14 quarts.

quote:

Yeah, Check out the Redline D4-ATF. It meets the Dexron IV requirements.

I always like it when an oil meets a spec that doesn't exist.
rolleyes.gif

Pardon me, D4-ATF is designed to satisfy the improved low temperature requirements which will be in the new Dexron IV specification, and the improved shear-stability requirements which will be part of the new Mercon specifications. If you think that Redline is claiming that their Oil meets a non existent spec with that statement,then give them a call and complain to them about your concern.
confused.gif

There is no such thing as Dexron IV. And Redline makes C+ ATF for Chrysler applications, so their D4 would not be the appropriate fluid for anyone looking for an alternative to ATF+4.

I put the Redline C+ in my Town and Country and it is working well in this cold Winter in Idaho. Been in the Low to Minus 0 temps on and off. Summit has this oil for about 8 bucks a qt delivered if you buy a case of 12. I will be doing 30K OCI's on the transmission. I was never good at Roman numbers either so don't yaaaal worry. Redline will work for you.

Happy Holidays.

Seen it at NAPA in Plymouth, Mi. ATF+4. NAPA only stock ATF+4. No more ATF+3.

Good Luck

I can bet that Penn/Shell Castrol whoever is not gonna sell it for less than 3.50 a quart so bet on seeing dealers skyrocket it when the major labels start shelving it!!! It is ** too because it is a fluid used by hundreds of thousands of vehicles on the road today...It might sound silly but if I would've known what a PITA this fluid was to get, I wouldn't have bought my LHS...oh well, next time I'll do more homework!

quote:

It might sound silly but if I would've known what a PITA this fluid was to get, I wouldn't have bought my LHS

You are right about the inconvenience of dealer only fluids. Honda auto transmissions also have dealer only ATF. Very inconvenient especially on a Sunday or a holiday. Very expensive. My local stealer-dealer charges $6.00 per quart for Z1 atf. And it is not synthetic. I don't trust my dealer to do the ATF change because something is always done wrong by them on every service visit. At least for Chrysler, ATF+4 will probably be available in a store and not dealer only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back