Has anyone ever noticed this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Mobil 1 15w-50, the product description says:

Superior high-temperature protection for high-performance and high-revving cars. Contains extra SuperSyn™ anti-wear system.

Contains extra SuperSyn....I looked at the VOA and it looked very similar to all the others. Could there be more to the SS system that maybe could only be detected through more expensive testing?

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
For the Mobil 1 15w-50, the product description says:

Superior high-temperature protection for high-performance and high-revving cars. Contains extra SuperSyn™ anti-wear system.

Contains extra SuperSyn....I looked at the VOA and it looked very similar to all the others. Could there be more to the SS system that maybe could only be detected through more expensive testing?

I've noticed that description before. Here's my take on it: ExxonMobil's SuperSyn PAO is a very high vis PAO and is used in some measure in all grades of Mobil 1. MORE of it can be used in the 15w50 than in the other lighter grades.

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:
Here's my take on it: ExxonMobil's SuperSyn PAO is a very high vis PAO and is used in some measure in all grades of Mobil 1. MORE of it can be used in the 15w50 than in the other lighter grades.
I think you are exactly right. Loks like my concept of mixing the 10W-30 and 15W-50 may be a stroke of genious.
fruit.gif
rolleyes.gif

Al,
Do you mix the two at the oil change, or do you just add the 15W50 if your low between changes? 3 qts 10W30 and 1qt 15W50 at oil change? Would this be ok? Rando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back