Harvest King Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone running Harvest king in their vehicles? VOA looks decent and at $12.99 for a 5qt jug, seems like one heck of a deal.

I've got 5w30 full syn in my Sonata right now. Runs quite, there is a VOA around here that shows the add pack is average. It's Dexos 1 gen 2, so I suspect it will work just as well as the others.

I believe its a Warren made oil, same? as supertech. So a good oil that is maybe a little light on the additive package. But for the price a good oil.

Originally Posted by Jimzz
I believe its a Warren made oil, same? as supertech. So a good oil that is maybe a little light on the additive package. But for the price a good oil.

No. Please stop guessing. Made by Citgo.

Originally Posted by Texican
Anyone running Harvest king in their vehicles? VOA looks decent and at $12.99 for a 5qt jug, seems like one heck of a deal.

It was a better deal last winter (when I was in Florida) when it was $9.99 for the 5qt. jug of full synthetic.....which had the identical dexos license number as Citgo FS.....I probably wouldn't do extended OCIs with it but 7500 miles should be easily doable....

If you have a Big R nearby, I've seen it there on several occasions for $9.99. It's made by Citgo and with Dexos approval you can have confidence that it will survive the Kia recommended OCI.

Been running the 0W20 in my Mazda3 for the past 6 months. Second 7500 mile OCI in progress. No drama. It will get changed again in about 6 weeks give or take.

I have no problem running a Dexos rated oil 6mo to 7500 miles per the maintenance schedule.

Driving Kias like you do already tells us you like the best values on the market. (Although VW has a longer bumper-to-bumper warranty and might have passed Kia-Hyundai, another story for another thread....).
Yes Harvest King is the best oil deal around. I've never seen anything better. If it's certified SN GF-5 with maybe dexos1 Gen2 for the full syn ones, its got all the performance needed. simple as that

Thanks everyone, stopped at Atwood's today and they had the Harvest King single quarts on sale for $2.19. 5 quarts of oil for under $12 with tax, hard to beat that.

It's a decent oil, just don't expect to go 15k on it. I have run it in my Forester and Odyssey with no surprises. It's a great deal for short OCI cars to get the additional protection of a syn for less than the price of Family Dollar conventional!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back