Harvest king dex/merc

Does anyone know for a fact who produced hk dex/merc atf? I remember the bottle saying something about "midco" as a possible producer? Any other brand that it might be labeled as?

I used this atf because it was about 2$/qt at the time I was purchasing it and doing some frequent fill and dumps to get clean atf in my car then price went up, and rural king stopped carrying it all together later.
I'd love to keep using the same product since it worked well and want to avoid mixing atf brands.

Thanks in advance

At one time it was Warren OIL (a different company, not Warren Distribution), then Smitty's, then Amalie, but who knows who blends it for them now.

When I lived in Kansas it was also Orscheln's main Dex/Merc as well. Many rancher's used it in their old farm trucks with automatic transmissions, wood splitters, etc. But for other than a flushing, I would not use it in any modern AT.

4l60e is the exact application.
I "think" I read somewhere not all atf gets along be it friction modification additive , anti oxidation, anti foam agents.. I was trying to stick with the same fluid, As it worked great in my camaro..

I'd rather not have a science project in my tranny, I could be way off base and I truly appreciate the feed back.

Back