Harley Quinn

Ran out of dogs a long time ago, and when I moved 4-1/2 years ago, it was a mission to fix that up....didn't happen, and as you likely know I was flying solo for a while there.

Father's Day 2019, went to the shelter to find a companion, and came home with Storm (colour, nature, the lot)...a 2 year old stray fighter...she's challenging, but was a few days from being put down.

No longer solo (Wedding is October 8th), we decided that puppy was to be in our future, and we got Harley from a relatively local "breeder" Harley Quinn...1/2 border collie, 1/4 Kelpie, 1/8 Jack Russel, 1/8 Irish Terrier.

Attachments

• Blackberries.jpg
    Blackberries.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Harley cows.jpg
    Harley cows.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Harley home.jpg
    Harley home.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 101
  • harley now.jpg
    harley now.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 106
  • Harley scarf.jpg
    Harley scarf.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 103
Shannow:
I love that mixture...Border Collies are extremely smart...Kelpies are loyal and smart....JRT's and Irish Terriers are tough and stubborn but that should be evened out by the other 2 breeds. On top of that I'd be surprised if that pup isn't protective of her family which is a prerequisite of owning a dog IMO...Good Luck with Storm and Good luck on your wedding too.

PS: I own a JRT/Rat Terrier mix who dominates my daughters pittbull mix (both females) who really like each other but we laugh at how the 50 lb. one allows the 17lb. one to 'bully' her....the 50 lb one will stand up to dogs much bigger than her but seems to have a soft spot for little dogs.

Border Collies are beyond smart. I knew one years ago that I swear could almost talk. Beautiful dogs... Best companions.
Pretty obvious Harley wants to straighten out that herd... It's what she does.

Great news, Shannow - I'm so pleased to see things getting better for you - for a new life that is being built. Great dogs by the way. We have a couple of rescues as well. Can't imagine life without them. Cheers, Mate!

Hey Shannow,
Congratulations on all the good news!

And thanks for checking in, it’s great to hear from you again.

Shannow:
I love that mixture...Border Collies are extremely smart...Kelpies are loyal and smart....JRT's and Irish Terriers are tough and stubborn but that should be evened out by the other 2 breeds. On top of that I'd be surprised if that pup isn't protective of her family which is a prerequisite of owning a dog IMO...Good Luck with Storm and Good luck on your wedding too.

PS: I own a JRT/Rat Terrier mix who dominates my daughters pittbull mix (both females) who really like each other but we laugh at how the 50 lb. one allows the 17lb. one to 'bully' her....the 50 lb one will stand up to dogs much bigger than her but seems to have a soft spot for little dogs.

Borders are also stubborn... i think that's a trait Shannow will have to live with.

Back