Harley fluids..What's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my Roadglide Custom I am running Valvoline VR1 Synthetic 20w-50 in the engine, Redline primary fluid and Redline v-twin transmission oil with shockproof. Really like the Combo.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: ddrumman2004
I use 75/90 synthetic gear oil in transmission, 15-40 Rotella in the primary and Mobil V Twin synthetic in the engine on my 2011 Heritage.

Why? Gear oil in the tranny because it has gears in it. The Rotella works great in the primary and I use the Mobil because it works well in the engine.

I suppose I could use the same thing in all three holes but......I will say I will not buy Harley oil or any of their other fluids. No sense in paying for a name.

No sense paying for a name,yet you bought a Harley. Interesting.

I've got a 106 big bore kits,cams,milled heads with port work done,dyno tune ,cams. And an oil cooler.
I'm using shockproof heavy in my tranny,and conventional rotella in the engine and primary.

I bought a Harley because I have always wanted to own one before I die. Plus, I got a great deal on the Heritage. Now having said that, my next big bike, if there is one, will most likely be a big Japanese V Twin.
Also, I should have specified that by not buying a name meant for Harley fluids, which they don't make.......same with other branded fluids for bikes meaning Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki....etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back