Hard Driver Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The consensus is that they are among the best filters. Where did you get them? I did not think that they made them anymore.

I have a couple of unused ones lying around that I purchased in Sydney over a year ago but was given the wrong ones. Visually they seem to be good quality. Museum pices now I guess.

Looks like the HardDriver line is now available from SynLube.

Same cutaway photo, etc., as was displayed on the filter box when they said "made by Peak."

A Search for HardDriver will still send you to Peak Products, but no info there.

The bad news is, from this Synlube the price is about $ 20.00

HardDriver filters

So, does anyone know what manufacturer they were or are made by? Maybe someone can post some pictures of the end plate that would allow us to determine it.

quote:

Originally posted by dkcase:
Maybe someone can post some pictures of the end plate that would allow us to determine it.

I could. How do I post a picture ?

if you have a place to upload it, use the url button below in the reply screen.

If you don't have access to a server you can e-mail it to me.

When I was buying Amsoil products a while back Amsoil sent literature to me. They rated their own Amsoil oil filters number one, of course (Amsoil oil filters are actually made by Baldwin, I believe), but they rated the Hard Driver and I think the Mobil 1 oil filters among the top three. I tried to find Hard Driver oil filters on the internet and I could not find them.

I have heard that Hard Driver oil filters are now Donaldson oil filters. And I believe that Donaldson makes the Synlube oil filters, but I don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back