Harbor freight in trouble

We have stores filling up with Chinese brands made in China … Again, job is a job …

Originally Posted by 4WD
We have stores filling up with Chinese brands made in China … Again, job is a job …

And it also makes you DEPENDENT which is how this thread began. If China cuts that off at any time on purpose or by accident our economy is royally screwed.

Last edited:
Union busting, off shoring manufacturing. It ain't exactly new; it's history.
I seriously doubt HF is in trouble.

Last edited:
I don't buy them or foreign brand cars, never have. Save your lectures for someone else all caps included

On a positive note, HF just shipped part of my 3 week old order, so at least they're getting "some" things out to people. Unfortunately, the rest of my order is still in pending land, wherever that is.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
I don't buy them or foreign brand cars, never have.

A lot of foreign cars are built here, My Toyota Avalon was assembled in Kentucky, Not sure where the wife's Corolla was assembled but the VIN starts with a 1.
I've had 2 trucks assembled at Flint Truck Assembly, Best I've ever owned BTW....My old 1985 C20 Suburban & my current 2006 2500HD Duramax.

Yeah … but when I bought my first one that was not true. I kept buying the same makes and models and whatever changed is not about me. I don't expect everyone to get that.

Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Just a question. We see in these times how important home country manufacturing capability is. DeWalt, etc have factories in China, they aren't generic Chinese factories. DeWalt makes the products there to resell here. Like Apple and so on. In times of need B&D which owns Dewalt and many others, has the know how to step up and make their products in the USA. Does HF have that capability or are they a store front?

HF is an "office" and nothing more.

Here's what actually happened with China ( was there off and on for decades and saw it progress)

The first prime mover was unfavorable Business climate created politically in the US- that got companies looking

China didn't have the same end goal as say India or Mexico or others- their end goal is domination and their culture is the long game.

They offered to actually build and buy the factories and other concessions ( like a beguiling serpent with a fruit) because they wanted both the manufacturing processes, technology and machinery as well as training the incumbent workforce. Hard for businesses to refuse all that.

That's what started the now everywhere "Chinese knock offs"- they were perfecting the back engineering processes.

Theres more than one agenda ( other than bottom line profit) in play with the CCP plan and end game. They continuously laugh at us because we willingly suffer from stage 96 cognitive dissonance and allow it to continue for the sake of a dollar not realizing we are building the very thing that will eventually destroy us.

Super good analysis and very relevent

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by 4WD

A lot of foreign cars are built here, My Toyota Avalon was assembled in Kentucky, Not sure where the wife's Corolla was assembled but the VIN starts with a 1.
I've had 2 trucks assembled at Flint Truck Assembly, Best I've ever owned BTW....My old 1985 C20 Suburban & my current 2006 2500HD Duramax.

Because you don't live or drive in the Rust Belt and know how to maintain/repair them. Wonder what your opinion would be if you were in Rust Country

Actually I lived in Canada and Russia and Romania and more … so actually you don't know Jack about me do you ?

Originally Posted by 4WD
Actually I lived in Canada and Russia and Romania and more … so actually you don't know Jack about me do you ?

With that attitude-I don't think anybody would want to "know Jack about me"

You made a mistake and responded to my post to Cline. Learn how to read Mr. Russia etc

Originally Posted by willbur
Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by 4WD

Because you don't live or drive in the Rust Belt and know how to maintain/repair them. Wonder what your opinion would be if you were in Rust Country

Not sure....Never lived anywhere else. I will say this though.....My Toyotas have terrible paint quality, The clearcoat on the 2010 Corolla has burned off the roof & the 2000 Avalon has the clearcoat peeling off in sheets. My 2006 Chevy has the best long term paint quality of any vehicles I've ever owned. The '85 was looking pretty bad at the end, But for an 80's GM product it did good.

My wife drove a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville for 300,000 miles before we bought the Corolla, The Corolla has had more issues even though she drives less. It's about done @ 150,000 miles. Pretty sure it has a head gasket letting go as it's been running rough on cold starts & coolant has disappeared!

You pasted me in the same reply as Chris, who lives close to me and knows vehicles like you only wish Mr Rust Belt … and it's your snarky attitude I'm not putting up with …
You think living on the Texas coast and doing saltwater crossings does not demand some maintenance … you think building and operating offshore vessels does not demand working with actual PhD corrosion engineers … and crews who keep them together … you picked Russia like a good CNN boy … but I actually found Canada the most switched on in dealing with the effects of road salts etc …

My version of the Rust Belt is where many steel and other heavy industries disappeared and left the country.
Not sure how me buying only GM, Ford, Mopar for decades caused that.

Last edited:
Back