Harbor Freight (Bench top) Buffers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have that particular tool, but honestly I think Harbor Freight tools are a great value. I have had all kinds of name brand power tools - most are broken. I have replaced most of them with HF stuff and I have yet to break any of it. I have several "Central Machinery" tools and I'm happy with all of them.

Most of HF's tools are manufactured by the same companies that make the overpriced carp at Home Depot. I just bought a 10" compound sliding miter saw from HF for $110. A few days later I was wandering around Home Depot and found the EXACT same saw for over $200 under the Ryobi brand...only difference was the plastic on the outside.

And, how can you go wrong for $39? HF is very good about honoring their 90 day return policy. Usually it either works or it doesn't, and you can figure that out while you can still return it.

Thanks for posting that, interesting ratings. Off topic, but bought some dog clippers yesterday for $13.00, they worked.

FYI, at check out they are trying to sell extended warranties. Guy in front bought a 3" air cutting tool for 7.99. Ext. Warr. was like $20, he got it.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I seem to be acquiring more and more HF tools.

This is kind of a fun thread:

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=17045

You take your wife there on dates?

I used to take mine to junkyards. She still tells friends about the indoor one, and that I even paid for her admission.

Back on topic - I purchased a cheapie router bit set for doing some exterior trim. The set degraded over the project, but it got the job done, and inexpensively.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
TYI, at check out they are trying to sell extended warranties. Guy in front bought a 3" air cutting tool for 7.99. Ext. Warr. was like $20, he got it.

LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif
happy2.gif

As the check out guy was asking him I thought, don't do it. But....

He did the same thing to the next guy in front of me who bought a heavy duty floor jack. Guy didn't want it, but the check out guy told him he had a 20% off scanable coupin if he bought the extended service protection plan. He got the plan.

Wonder if they get a commission/cut based on how many they sell?

The stuff from Harbor Freight from my experience is worth exactly what you pay for it . Some itmes are fair and some really are about the lowest quality you can get. If you don't work the tools hard or expect much from them the tools may be fine. Don't get me started about the lower quality products at higher Home Depot prices.

i buy from hf but am very picky, i won't buy anything powers either by air on electric, for the most part i hav'nt gone wrong there.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I have purchased several power tools, both air and electric and all have been fine.

using them everyday as i do they just don't cut it,hf air drill lasted me 1 week, hf electric angle grinder lasted 3 weeks, hf sawsall lasted 3 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back