Happy St. Patrick's day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Had no idea it was today lol don’t keep track now that I’m not in school anymore. I don’t know if I’m part Irish or not but I know I have a lot of red hair in my beard mixed with the dark brown.

I'm a Lithuanian with a Celtic (sometimes) first name and my workplace associated color is green, so maybe in some twisted way I have a trace of Irish in me, LOL??

Last edited:
Quarter Irish, grandma's maiden name was Kelly. Family was from Derry County Ireland. Would love to get over there someday, although I don't think I would understand a darn word they said. Had to stop watching Peaky Blinders because it didn't have subtitles.

Not to be a Paddy's Day downer but Gunniess Stout is a horrid pint!

Have a Mackeson's Triple then you'll know what a real stout is laddie!

mackie3.jpg

My wife is half Irish. We made our corned beef last weekend. She cooks it in the oven and adds extra spices. Comes out great! It was a really good corned beef this year. We're very picky about our corned beef. Hate when it's too fatty. Love a nice lean flat cut. We have it with Brussels sprouts instead of cabbage.

I talk to some folks in Ireland on a weekly basis through my work. They were excited to be off work today. Not so excited that the pubs are closed.

^^^ The Deutschlander in me loves left over corned beef that has been refrigerated for a day or so then sliced for sandwiches, aka Reuben! (y)

Back