Happy Friday to me

Like the old adage goes, you can't have anything nice anymore.

Parked the Focus on the street so I could get the thermostat installed in the Laser and get it out of the garage. Some time while I was standing over or laying under the running engine, keeping me from hearing the racket on the street, this happened. No sign of the perpetrator. People with driving skill, and scruples, are the minority on this planet.

20210129_165710.jpg
20210129_165718.jpg
20210129_165723.jpg
20210129_165914.jpg
20210129_165918.jpg
20210129_170457.jpg

That really sucks. Our front counter person had her car broken into a couple nights ago. Instead of breaking a window like a normal person, this perp used a pry bar to open the door. Damaged both doors to the point that they are not fixable, and it damaged the B pillar post. Her car is now a total because it exceeds the value. Good part is they know who did it based on fingerprints found in and on the car, and at the Santa Barbara Carriage Museum from the same night.

I live on a street that goes nowhere, so if you don't live on it or you're not visiting someone who does, there's no other reason to be on it. My security cameras didn't catch anything because they're programmed to disarm around this time of night, because I'm usually home around this time. The officer said she was going to cruise down the street and see if she could spot any cameras, and she did stop and talk to a neighbor 3 doors down before she left. I hope it provides a lead. I will be keeping my eyes open for scraped bumpers, although the scum will probably spray paint over it tonight.

Parked the Focus on the street so I could get the thermostat installed in the Laser and get it out of the garage. Some time while I was standing over or laying under the running engine, keeping me from hearing the racket on the street, this happened. No sign of the perpetrator. People with driving skill, and scruples, are the minority on this planet.

View attachment 43271View attachment 43272View attachment 43273View attachment 43275View attachment 43276View attachment 43277
Bastard got you good..

View attachment 43271View attachment 43272View attachment 43273View attachment 43275View attachment 43276View attachment 43277
That cop is HOT!!;)

Man I totally feel your pain!! It was my birthday last weekend, so my gf and I went out of town. Came down from our hotel room to load the car, and saw my rear bumper had been scraped up. Security footage showed nothing incriminating unfortunately. Going into the body shop Monday.

File the claim as a hit and run. Your insurance will find you at "no fault". It won't go against your insurance or raise your rates.
Any claim will usually raise your rates, even if you're not at fault. You get hail damage, not your fault, rates go up. Even getting in an accident where you're not at fault can raise rates just for being in that accident.

All the above assumes you don't have a claim forgiveness sort of thing as part of your policy.

On a serious note, if it’s a dead end street, would one be able to tell who owns the black car, and if so, see if it’s scratched?

It looks like OP parked against traffic so in theory it’d be the passenger side of the hit and runner.

Not a dead end, but it leads nowhere that would cause someone to drive down it unless they live on it, or close. If I thought it would do any good, I'd go for a stroll to look for a messed up passenger side.

Screenshot_20210130-081639_Maps.jpg

Back