Happy Fathersday to BITOGers downunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My world changed somewhat horribly a month and a half ago, coming home to find that the tribe had left the island during the day while I was at work...was looking foraward to Father's Day (NOT), having no idea how it would turn out.

Son texted last night asking to do breakfast, there was about an hour and a half that could be fitted in.

So we did, and chatted, and then hunted Pokemon Go's...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Weather was lorious.
[Linked Image]

Went to the abandoned dog shelter this arv, to see who else needed company...

Sorry to hear that mate. Break ups are tough, and it sounds like you didn't see it coming. Glad you got to spend some time with your boy.

Sorry to hear this … my perspective on a bad day just faded …
The kids will keep you strong … and mans best friend is a good idea
Hang in there

Originally Posted by hpb
Break ups are tough, and it sounds like you didn't see it coming.

Also very sorry to hear it, mate.
I know the feeling...
I came home from work to an empty house and cried my heart out.

No way you two could reconcile until the kids are grown? Separate rooms maintaining civility through gritted teeth. You and your wife's troubles are a side issue when there are kids.

Sorry to hear Shannow. I hope you're ok. I know how painful it can be. As others have said, your kids will be a source of strength.

Happy Father's day.

I know these breakups are bad. Look forward to doing your best going forward. You Son is young enough that you can still be a force in his life. Just think positive thoughts.

Dang hang in there Shannow. Been there...be there for the kids and make decisions based on what is best for them ...

HAD...I've spent 8 hours with my son, and 6 with my daughter in the last 6 weeks.

I'd been pushing for conselling for months, then came home to an empty house...space...to work things out...but "too busy" to get to the us part.

Kids now think that they have to "ease in" to a relationship with me or even a sleepover.

One on my bucket list was teaching the kids to drive...daughter now has her learners, and wife and others are teaching her

Ouch. Not telling you how to do things, but having been through this stuff, getting custody arrangements in place does give everyone some structure.

Oh, a bit rough mate. Hang in there and get emotional support from your 4 footed friends, they understand, not something made by humans. Are the kids far away now ? You don't need to lurk around school gates or anything, but having them in town would be better than another town or city.

We went to Queenstown on sunday for our youngest son's wedding, took his brother with us, the older girls stayed at home, they can't afford to go down there just for a wedding. The human herd is not where I belong, so well out of my comfort zone for 2 days....my blood pressured would've been off the scale in the airport, being herded around and being told what to do. Nice scenery, but otherwise I'm happy to be back in my getto town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back