Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

Thanks for the nice wishes! We endured the worst Sunday dinner in recent history. FIL and MIL not there because of getting over Covid for 2nd time, my BIL and SIL arguing more than usual and their kids all ganging up on their dad because he's an A hole. My youngest son's GF couldn't make it because of a cold, so my son had to supervise their 6 month old puppy that broke the screen door and then scratched the leather on the new reclining couch leaving my son feeling like he's a total POS. My oldest son was there and fine. My wife was silent most of the 87km trip home, turns out she's upset about the state of her sister's 30+ year marriage.

I'm glad that's done.

Thanks for the nice wishes! We endured the worst Sunday dinner in recent history. FIL and MIL not there because of getting over Covid for 2nd time, my BIL and SIL arguing more than usual and their kids all ganging up on their dad because he's an A hole. My youngest son's GF couldn't make it because of a cold, so my son had to supervise their 6 month old puppy that broke the screen door and then scratched the leather on the new reclining couch leaving my son feeling like he's a total POS. My oldest son was there and fine. My wife was silent most of the 87km trip home, turns out she's upset about the state of her sister's 30+ year marriage.

I'm glad that's done.
So a typical Thanksgiving Day is what you’re saying.

I'm glad that's done.
I'm tired of all the hard luck stories too and it seems that every family gathering is a complaining competetion. Only half of the invited guests could make it this year and I actually preferred it. Next year I will host again so that I only have to listen the complaints once and not twice like I did this year.

Last edited:
So a typical Thanksgiving Day is what you’re saying.
Yes, I guess. I am still recovering from a bad ladder fall back in end of June, I could of died, so yes I have lots to be thankful for and these relatives really stuck their fingers in my cupcake and ruined the day.

Today I got a call from my Aunt in Connecticut who remembered to wish us all a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, she's almost 90 so that was special.

9CEB6529-38B3-467C-8197-CF9A5C39C893.jpeg

Back