Happy 229th birthday to all marines, past and present

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one day late wishing this to everyone here. Worked very late yesterday, but this is better late than never.

Semper Fi to all my Marine brothers past, present, and future.

Old Marines never die, they just get re-deployed to a new theater of operations. Someone has to be chosen to gaurd those pearly gates.

Dan
SSGT, USMC-Ret.

SSGT:

Thanks!!! Your spirit is definitely in the right place. It's an apt time to honor those who've gone before us, and to remember as we enjoy the weekend, that many young Marines are in combat as we celebrate or Birthday and Veteran's Day as well.

Alas, you're later than you thought! This is our 230th, not 229th!
wink.gif
cheers.gif
But again, while the math may be off, your intent certainly is not.

E.K. Polk
Colonel, USMC

p.s. here's the text of Gen Hagee's CMC Birthday Msg:
"1. ON NOVEMBER 10TH, 1775, THE SECOND CONTINENTAL CONGRESS RESOLVED TO RAISE TWO BATTALIONS OF CONTINENTAL MARINES MARKING THE BIRTH OF OUR UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. AS MAJOR GENERAL LEJEUNE'S MESSAGE REMINDS US, THE ENSUING GENERATIONS OF MARINES WOULD COME TO SIGNIFY ALL THAT IS HIGHEST IN WARFIGHTING
EXCELLENCE AND MILITARY VIRTUE. EACH NOVEMBER AS MARINES THE WORLD OVER CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF OUR CORPS, WE PAY TRIBUTE TO THAT LONG
LINE OF "SOLDIERS OF THE SEA" AND THE LLUSTRIOUS LEGACY THEY HAVE HANDED DOWN TO US.
2. THIS PAST YEAR HAS BEEN ONE OF CONTINUOUS COMBAT OPERATIONS OVERSEAS AND DISTINGUISHED SERVICE HERE AT HOME - A YEAR OF CHALLENGES THAT HAVE BROUGHT OUT THE VERY BEST IN OUR CORPS. IN
IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN, MARINE COURAGE AND MASTERY OF COMPLEX AND CHAOTIC ENVIRONMENTS HAVE TRULY MADE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF MILLIONS. MARINE COMPASSION AND FLEXIBILITY PROVIDED HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE TO THOUSANDS IN THE WAKE OF THE SOUTH EAST ASIAN TSUNAMI, AND HERE AT HOME, MARINES WITH AAVS, HELICOPTERS, AND SOMETIMES WITH THEIR BARE HANDS SAVED HUNDREDS OF OUR OWN FELLOW AMERICANS IN THE WAKE OF HURRICANES KATRINA AND RITA. ACROSS THE FULL SPECTRUM OF OPERATIONS, YOU HAVE SHOWCASED THAT MARINES CREATE STABILITY IN AN UNSTABLE WORLD, AND HAVE REINFORCED OUR CORPS' REPUTATION FOR
SETTING THE STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE.
3. THE SENSE OF HONOR, COURAGE, AND PATRIOTISM THAT EPITOMIZED THOSE WHO ANSWERED THAT FIRST CALL TO ARMS 230 YEARS AGO IS STILL INDELIBLY IMPRINTED ON OUR RANKS TODAY. IN COMMEMORATING OUR ANNIVERSARY, LET US STRENGTHEN OUR TIES TO THE PAST BY PAYING HOMAGE TO THOSE WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE US. AS WE HONOR THE SACRIFICES OF OUR
WOUNDED AND FALLEN COMRADES, OUR COMMITMENT TO ONE ANOTHER REMAINS UNSHAKABLE. WE TAKE SPECIAL PRIDE IN THE ACTIONS OF THE MARINES NOW SERVING IN HARM'S WAY, AND REDEDICATE OURSELVES TO THE SERVICE OF OUR NATION AND OUR CORPS.
4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES, SEMPER FIDELIS, AND KEEP ATTACKING! M.W. HAGEE, GENERAL, U.S. MARINE CORPS, COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS.// "

Sir,I stand corrected. I received an email that talked about our 229th b-day and took it for granted the math was correct. And I'm glad you know my intent is in the right place.

On November 10, 1775 a group of men came together in Tun Tavern Philidelphia to put together a force of men to fight for a greater cause. These men fought with distinction in the revolutionary war and have fought with honor, pride, and great tradition throughout the years of our great nation. They have fought in jungles, mountains and now the deserts of Iraq and Afganistan. So when you see a United States Marine, or any former Marine give him or her a hearty handshake and a loud happy birthday, then say a quick prayer for their comrads still in harms way.

After 21 years of marriage, my wife finally remembered to wish me a happy birthday on November 10th (even though she was prompted by something she heard on the radio)..

Four new stamps seemed to be timed for Marine Corp Birthday; Daily (speling ?) , Puller, Lejune, and Basilone.

Happy Birthday Marines! I really have regrets for not enlisting when I could with the Marines. Served in Army and Navy. Have nothing but, high respect for Marines. My younger brother was a Marine, 1st F.A.S.T. company Marine to be exact. The Marines gave our family back a very mature young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back