Hankooks on the Camry

So, I got the Hankook tires thru work with “work account” so $260 out the door. Definitely a major upgrade over the Sumitomo Enhance that we’re on the car. Road noise is completely non existent also. I put 35 psi in tires yesterday since I mounted new tires at work. Checked again this morning and tires still at 35. It’s 36F here and real foggy too.

never going cheap or mid grade on tires ever 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻

You didn't specify what Hankooks you installed on your Camry.

I'd like to know this as well. We put a set of General Altimax RT43's on ours 6 months ago. While traction is excellent they are really loud, not as bad as the OE Bridgestone's, but still louder than one would think.

I had a set of Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 on my 2017 Ford Escape. I absolutely loved those tires. When the time comes for replacements on the Tiguan and F-150, Hankook tires will be on the short list.

I had a set of Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 on my 2017 Ford Escape. I absolutely loved those tires. When the time comes for replacements on the Tiguan and F-150, Hankook tires will be on the short list.

I hear that. I got the Camry aligned earlier this month cause of the dumb, 21 year old blonde that rear ended me. Alignment was tad off on rear of car. Love the Hankooks so far.

I'd like to know this as well. We put a set of General Altimax RT43's on ours 6 months ago. While traction is excellent they are really loud, not as bad as the OE Bridgestone's, but still louder than one would think.
They only get worse. I put two sets on my Prius. Almost put a third and decided the road noise just wasn't worth it considering they're really nothing special in wet/snow once they have a little wear on them.

Also to note is that many tires get louder as miles are put on them. I've noticed people tend to love whatever fresh set of tires they have on their vehicle, but that often changes when the tires get worn and become nosier.

Wet traction also diminishes as tires wear.

Add both things up and people only remember the bad, install a fresh set of tires and bingo, these new XXXXXXXX's are the best thing since
sliced bread.

That might not describe you, but it describes many.

Also to note is that many tires get louder as miles are put on them. I've noticed people tend to love whatever fresh set of tires they have on their vehicle, but that often changes when the tires get worn and become nosier.

Wet traction also diminishes as tires wear.

Add both things up and people only remember the bad, install a fresh set of tires and bingo, these new XXXXXXXX's are the best thing since
sliced bread.

That might not describe you, but it describes many.

To be honest; the Sumitomo’s that we’re on the car before were noisy as you know what right after install. As I said before I’ll never go cheap on tires again, learned my lesson

Our Camry still has the stock tires on it from 2017 because we don’t drive it that much because it’s my moms and she doesn’t like taking it places lol but we plan to get those Bridgestone off and put probably Michelin, BF Goodrich or Hankook on it. I have the Hankook Optimo H725 on my truck I love them because they are white walls.

You got a great deal on those tires Adam!!! Hope they take care of you & the Camry for a long time. I am actually shopping for new tires for the Acura at the moment online.

Our Camry still has the stock tires on it from 2017 because we don’t drive it that much because it’s my moms and she doesn’t like taking it places lol but we plan to get those Bridgestone off and put probably Michelin, BF Goodrich or Hankook on it. I have the Hankook Optimo H725 on my truck I love them because they are white walls.
My 2017 Camry XLE has Bridgestone Turanza 215/55/17 tires. At 15,000 miles I don't have any complaints. They are a tad noisy, but they are wearing well and evenly. I know many OEM tires are lower quality, but there are dozens of replacement choices in the aftermarket. When these need to be replaced, I'd consider Kumho, Toyo, Milestar or Nankang before Michelin and BFG because I don't need high mileage tires on a low mileage vehicle.

Last edited:
My 2017 Camry XLE has Bridgestone Turanza 215/55/17 tires. At 15,000 miles I don't have any complaints. They are a tad noisy, but they are wearing well and evenly. I know many OEM tires are lower quality, but there are dozens of replacement choices in the aftermarket. When these need to be replaced, I'd consider Kumho, Toyo, Milestar or Nankang before Michelin and BFG because I don't need high mileage tires on a low mileage vehicle.
I’ve had good luck with Toyo, Kuhmo too. I’ve never heard of the others though. That’s the ones ours have is the Turanaza we don’t like Bridgestone so we will change to something my parents have been brand loyal to Michelin and BF Goodrich so that’s probably what they will go with I’ve always liked Toyo though. I will agree the Bridgestone are noisy so is Toyota vehicles lol.

?? Hankook are mid-grade. There's nothing wrong with that on a Camry, unless you drive it like you stole it.

I don’t think you read the whole original post. Had cheap Sumitomos on car for while before these. Sorry for any confusion sir 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻

To be honest; the Sumitomo’s that we’re on the car before were noisy as you know what right after install. As I said before I’ll never go cheap on tires again, learned my lesson
some would consider hankooks to be going cheap, also 1 tire is not every tire that a company makes.
Sumitomo has some above average AT tires for example.

falken has some real dud tires.. but a few gems as well.

even continential and michelin have some bleh. tires.

Michelin's AT tires are average at best.

No, I don’t believe so as those are T rated. Mine are V rated as V is rated higher than T and better mileage rating

Rand: I value your insight. I have had Yokohama, Sumitomos. Yokohama’s dry rot cracked horribly so I put on some used Goodyear’s from brothers friend. I am optimistic

I don’t think you read the whole original post. Had cheap Sumitomos on car for while before these. Sorry for any confusion sir 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻
I read and understood every word of it.

Hankook is good for low end. Low end is fine for a sedan, a good value, but it is not then somehow a mid grade, let alone high end tire. That is ridiculous.

Hint: The market decides the value of a tire on average, rather than spot pricing at only one seller. The market has spoken.

I wouldn't mind having Hankook on a sedan myself, but I wouldn't pretend they're something they are not.

Last edited:
Back