Hankook tires - experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a set of Hankook (175-70-13) 835 (825?) put on my Hyundai Accent. $61 each installed with an 85k warranty and free rotation. Huge noise improvement over the oem tires. Ride is softer, performance (conering) is about the same. Nice deep tread, should not have any problems this winter.

Anybody else used these? I'm curious to see what you think, as I only have about 1,000 miles on these tires, so they are still young.

I bought some Hankook tires for my daughter's 1989 S-10 Blazer (215-70-15) last summer. She has gone about 8000 miles on them since then. So far I think they are doing well. Like you said, great warranty, free rotations, etc. I bought them for about $60.00 each, mounted/balanced and with tax. If I didn't trust them, I would not have gotten them for my daughter.

I'm running Hankook Ventus Sport K104s. They are an exceptional tire for the price, but in my case, the Kumho 712 is a better tire for the same price I paid, though the Hankook CAN be had for about $15 cheaper. I think the Kumho is worth the $15.

The main thing to keep in mind with tires, is that almost all tire makers make great tires, and all tire makers make "rim protectors." The hard part is figuring out which is best within a price range, for a specific application.

Don't let teh nickname fool you but I think Koreans make some great tires for the money. Before I had the Good ole french tires Michelin, I had Hankook Ventus, they had excellent traction, both wet and dry. I moved to Virginia and nobody sells Hankooks anymore!!!! So i had to buy expensive Michelin. I have great american pride btw.!

Indeed, here (Turkey) Hyundai's imported from Korea comes with Hankooks on them as OEM tires. Just yesterday I was at the shop to buy some 185/80 R13 tires and the interestingly Honkook was the cheapest (or the second cheapest) tire. One man came with a Hyundai asking for Michelins and the retailer actually advised original Hankook, man insisted on Michelins though.

quote:

The hard part is figuring out which is best within a price range, for a specific application.

Definitely... But it is hard to find the factoids about -say- which tread pattern best for which applications. On brochures tires introduced very discretely; whether winter, A/S or touring etc. For example, by chance I discoered the tires without thick continious ribs that allows the contact area to flex also longitudinally gives much better handling on rough asphaltum pavements that pefered on rainy and/or very hot climates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back