Handyman opportunity in Florida ;7)

Yes probably easier to tear the house down a and build something new. The trees are pretty close to the foundation as well.

I don't know if that would be worth it unless house prices in that area are in the 250-300k plus for good houses.

That is a great opportunity. I'll hire the guys on those TV shows, they'll have this place all fixed into a high end luxury type house, and it will cost well under $100K for all that work. The work will be finished in less than a month, it will go on sale and have a full ask offer for maybe $399,999 within a week. Easy profit of over $200K in just a month or two. Easy peezy.

That is a great opportunity. I'll hire the guys on those TV shows, they'll have this place all fixed into a high end luxury type house, and it will cost well under $100K for all that work. The work will be finished in less than a month, it will go on sale and have a full ask offer for maybe $399,999 within a week. Easy profit of over $200K in just a month or two. Easy peezy.

I'll expect a small commission, no more than 50% of net profit since I brought this opportunity to your attention. Let me know when you need to know where to send it!

No they are loose as you suggested.
Car is still stiff and no issues like that. Always drama.
I had a helper under the car too.
20210218_122005.jpg

At least it isn't over hyped. When we moved last time we saw about 100 houses. Many of them had problems - improbable layouts, carpenter ants, terrible odours, visible rot, non-square entry arbors, bad locations, steep driveways that were difficult to navigate on a good day, super-outdated decor, etc - all that and priced for perfection. We seriously considered only 3 or 4.

A couple of owners had unrealistic price expectations. We saw a couple of nice houses priced a bit over $1M where the owner "wouldn't entertain an offer starting with a $9". And after a long time on the market ended up selling for far less than we had planned to offer.

The house we finally bought was at the low end of our price range, it wasn't perfect but it had street appeal, a good layout, a nice yard in a good neighbourhood, and it was priced with the expectation that it would "need some work". After quite a bit of work it's just what we wanted.

Can you touch 1/2 acre there with utilities for $69k?

Back