Hand pump for oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a decent hand pump for manual transmission fluid and diff. fluid. I am not looking for anything really expensive (less than $20.) I need to use it twice about every 30k miles. Any suggestions?

I use one that looks like a big syringe. That has proven to be the cleanest for me... The ones that look like a giant pump on a soap bottle just seem to make a mess unless conditions are optimum.

I have a 2.5L Pella oil extractor that works well. It costs about $40, though.

Try NAPA and get the Stalube brand one for about $6 next to the gear lube. Works just great. Only screws onto gallon jugs but can still be used for quarts if you extend the suction tube and hold it in your hand. Had mine for five years. Done six or seven lube changes with it including a truck with front and rear diffies, transfer case and tranny. Still working.

Go to Harbor Freight tools and look for the Siphon Pump Kit p.n. 3878. it is self priming and has a long clear tube for intake and another one for discharge. Or you can look at their on line catalog. This can be used for oil, ATF, or gas. Much less than $20.00. I think it is less than 10.00. Made in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back