Hair cut

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by OilReport99
A Wahl and a mirror.

I just did mine this same way. I just cut mine off. Been doing that since I had a surgery years ago. Quick and easy to maintain.

Which brings us to a BITOG topic...what kind of oil are you using for the blades? I ran out of the original Wahl oil and using gun oil at the moment. Any approvals or certifications needed?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by kstanf150
With C-19 in full force

What's everybody doing for a haircut these days ?

I use thinning scissors every few weeks then the plastic clippers go on my electric barber clipper and I cut it myself. I get real creative with the back using a hand mirror with my back facing a wall mirror.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by kstanf150
With C-19 in full force

What's everybody doing for a haircut these days ?

You haven't gotten a big enough one from the stock market yet?

Got a pretty good one myself but it's growing back.

Speaking of the stock market
I've been doing some buying lately
Haven't seen prices like this since ‘08-‘09 market

Originally Posted by skyactiv
My younger sister is a barber at Great Clips and lives close by, so all is well.

One of the Moms that uses the same babysitter as us works at Great Clips. I asked our sitter if she was cutting hair at home now but was hesitant about being exposed to her just as she may be hesitant to be exposed to me. Ended up dropping it and convincing my wife to cut it. She does a very good job but is just a little slower. I think she goes slow out of caution. My attitude is pretty much, eh, it will grow back.

I buzz mine at home every so often. I should have just shaved it two weeks ago and seen what it looked like--that way, if I didn't like it, it'd grow back by the time we could go out again.

Oh wait, I still have plenty of time...

Originally Posted by Wolf359

You haven't gotten a big enough one from the stock market yet?

Ha! This past month has been one of my best ever!

Originally Posted by gfh77665
My wife has always cut my hair. To show my gratitude, I reciprocate by attending to her southern grooming needs.
cool.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I got my hair cut at the police station. Next door neighbor is a Lieutenant in one of the local departments. They were bringing a guy in to cut the officers' hair so he worked me in. Got a good cut.

I normally get one every 4-6 weeks. I had my last one a couple of days before the governor declared them non-essential and told them to close. I'm getting close to time to need one again, but am not there yet. If a re-open at the end of the month looks likely, I'll wait until then. If not, I may try to thin things out a bit but won't even attempt to cut it all.

Back