Had someone else change oil on my car first time in 10years...

Took my Corolla to lubestation because i did not have the cup for the toyota oil cartridge.
One of the studs on the lid who are supposed to be slided in before you engage the metal clamps was not in place... just noticed this by accident..

And this is a diesel vehicle with DPF ... it has not been burning oil last 1k miles. Hope my dpf and engine didnt get screwed up.

Last edited:
I never knew you could get a Corolla with a diesel engine

The DPF will not be harmed by a improperly installed air filter.

Do you regularly drive of dirt roads or in dusty/sandy conditions?
If not, the engine will be just fine.

I never knew you could get a Corolla with a diesel engine

The DPF will not be harmed by a improperly installed air filter.

Do you regularly drive of dirt roads or in dusty/sandy conditions?
If not, the engine will be just fine.
Friends in New Zealand had a diesel Corolla wagon. I don't think they were sold here in North America.

It can get quite dusty here often.
The car drove approx 3500km like this. The brown debis on the clean side of the filter is definetly dust trail.

Last edited:
Yeah that's not ideal, but maybe your filter did collect some of that dust? By the markings it probably accidently caught some of it. I believe an unfiltered engine can be damaged by dust/sand/dirt as quickly as 1,500 miles, but I'm not sure exactly what the mileage is.

Yeah that's not ideal, but maybe your filter did collect some of that dust? By the markings it probably accidently caught some of it. I believe an unfiltered engine can be damaged by dust/sand/dirt as quickly as 1,500 miles, but I'm not sure exactly what the mileage is.

It was driven about 2.2k miles like that or 3500km.

I did oil, air/oil filter change this morning and did not spot any metal swarf in the oil filter or the oil pan plug.

The oil level was about spot on since 1700km ago.

Im not sure what do regarding the auto lube station, i was charged 200$ for potentially damaging my engine and DPF system.

You think i should get the shortblock inspected ? Guess i´m trying to have something to do in my parental leave.

Back