Had an interesting week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got off work last Monday and was hit in the back wheel well. Not my fault. She failed to maintain lane. 1 day before my trip to South Padre Island, Texas & Mexico. Luckily she was super nice, and apologetic so it was hard to get mad. Plus she was pretty cute.
wink.gif

[Linked Image]

I drove into Mexico got some cheap cigs, booze, and the good Coca-cola. (It was my 21st birthday, so yeah im bringing all that back). I had zero problems in Mexico. But US Border Patrol had problems with me. Apparently they didn't like my story of why I went into Mexico. They tore my car apart. Pulled some panels off in the interior and and in the trunk. Went through everything. They even X-Rayed my car. Luckily they didn't damage anything. If I was in their shoes I'd probably search my car too.

Got to see one of these in person in Mexico. Never seen one in person before. Also watched some people do Cocaine but I didn't take any photos.
[Linked Image]

Roughly 2300 miles and 35 hours of drive time. 35 MPG driving mostly 75-90 MPH the whole way. I usually get around 42-44 MPG if I drive 55MPH.

Also got a Sig 1911 Carry Nightmare for my Birthday from the old man. I'm making the ATF so proud!

Congrats on your birthday and all. Boy do you have some heavy balls driving into Mexico these days !!!!

I'm Hispanic myself and wouldn't visit there unless I gave up on life lol

Anyways that Mexican coke is AWESOME, tastes different than US formula !! And the Coca-cola not to bad either
crackmeup2.gif

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by E150GT
I heard they reformated coke in Mexico and now it's like ours

Yes, I heard that as well. I also heard that they will still make the version with sucrose for export only. Confusing.

I'm really fed up with Coca Cola company because it's clear there is a demand for cane sugar coke products in the USA but they stubbornly refuse to make them here.
The only Coca Cola product that is made in the USA now with real cane sugar is the new Coke Energy drink in regular coke flavor, WARNING the cherry
version of Coke Energy is made with HFCS! Sly bastids they are.

We have a decent store brand cola made by Faygo with real cane sugar and the price is right too.

I would be interested in hearing about your Border Patrol experience- how long did it take, did they damage anything ? Do you recall doing or saying anything specific to give them cause ?

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by E150GT
I heard they reformated coke in Mexico and now it's like ours

Yes, I heard that as well. I also heard that they will still make the version with sucrose for export only. Confusing.

I'm really fed up with Coca Cola company because it's clear there is a demand for cane sugar coke products in the USA but they stubbornly refuse to make them here.
The only Coca Cola product that is made in the USA now with real cane sugar is the new Coke Energy drink in regular coke flavor, WARNING the cherry
version of Coke Energy is made with HFCS! Sly bastids they are.

We have a decent store brand cola made by Faygo with real cane sugar and the price is right too.

The Coke in glass bottles and the ones in metal cans taste completely different in Mexico. I had both down there. The cans taste like what it does in the US. While the Mexican glass Coke bottles taste way better.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
I would be interested in hearing about your Border Patrol experience- how long did it take, did they damage anything ? Do you recall doing or saying anything specific to give them cause ?

They searched my car for probably 20-30 minutes. Luckily they didn't damage any of the interior panels. They went through the engine compartment, took off the fuse box on the passenger side, took off the taillight caps in the trunk so you can access the taillights. Went through my coat. Went through every nook and cranny in the interior. Dumped some of the fabric softener I bought to see if it was actually fabric softener. Then when they didn't find anything they sent my car through the X-ray machine. The BP Agent seemed pretty mad he didn't find anything.
They kept asking who the car belonged to. What state I'm from. If I had ever been arrested.

They didn't like the story I gave them. I met my grandparents down in Mexico. For part of the year they leave Nebraska and live in Texas in the winter months. They couldn't understand why I didn't meet them on the US side, why they walked over, and why they weren't in the car with me. It just happened to work out we where both going to Mexico that day but I was a tad late getting there.

Unfortunately you dont have any rights regarding search and seizure when trying to enter the US. But it's definitely for the best.

I recently purchased a Lincoln Navigator that came from the state of California. I talked to two different law enforcement officers just wanting them to run the K9 unit around it to see if the dogs would have a "hit".
One officer said "We don't do that type of service to the general public." The other officer never returned my call.
This vehicle will be driven by my kid. I hope he doesn't get pulled over some time and the K9 units go crazy.
Maybe I need to take it across the border into Mexico.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Hey FordBroncoVWJeta,is that Matamoros,Mexico?

Nuevo Progreso. I have been strictly forbidden by my grandparents to go into Matamoros since it's not safe at all.

Haven't been down to Mexico in 25 years. And I live 25 miles from the border. In 2005 we Had a friend of the Family get kidnapped and killed down there. It's not a place to go anymore.

Originally Posted by Brybo86
Did you get her number? .....

For insurance reasons?

Yeah I had the police come out and do a report. I've already had her insurance call me setting everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back