Guys, has something like this ever happened to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you and your wife need a heart to heart discussion. For all you know, maybe she was just having fun fantasizing about owning a Mercedes. Dunno?

When I just out of school, I had a Mercury Tracer that was 9 years old and $190k miles on the odometer. That didn't stop me from subscribing to various car magazines, browsing the Sunday ads, or visiting manufacturers websites. I knew I couldn't afford a new car, let alone a luxury, at that time, but I dreamed about the day I would be able to.

If she is mulling over the idea of ditching the Expedition, wow!, what a contradiction on her part. Your logic about offsetting the additional cost to fuel the truck is flawed because you are forgetting about the additional cost to acquire a new M-series SUV. Last I saw, they starts about $40,000.

Good luck man, sounds like you'll need it!

wink.gif
At least she was looking at a USED Mercedes. She knows we can't afford a $40k+ vehicle.
nono.gif

One day, we WILL be able to, but today is not that day.

I knew I couldn't afford a new car, let alone a luxury, at that time, but I dreamed about the day I would be able to.

Thats why I avoid the car show every year, because once I get a whiff of that 'new car' smell....I start thinking about getting a new car. My wife has a 98 Civic with 120,000 miles. She wants an RSX, I tell her I will get her an RSX when the Civic hits 200,000 miles. I like to get my moneys worth out of my cars.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
She said recently that she wanted to keep it for a long time since it's paid for.

Yes, but will she be saying that if gas prices hit $5 a gallon like some are predicting?

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
I knew I couldn't afford a new car, let alone a luxury, at that time, but I dreamed about the day I would be able to.

Thats why I avoid the car show every year, because once I get a whiff of that 'new car' smell....I start thinking about getting a new car. My wife has a 98 Civic with 120,000 miles. She wants an RSX, I tell her I will get her an RSX when the Civic hits 200,000 miles. I like to get my moneys worth out of my cars.

Hahahaha..the man drives a Vett' and expects his wife to do 200K on a Civic
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

"Well, yesterday I return from a bike ride with my daughter to find my wife on the computer looking at a......Mercedes SUV."

Well, prolly better than to have found your wife in bed with your best friend...??
dunno.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Minou:
"Well, yesterday I return from a bike ride with my daughter to find my wife on the computer looking at a......Mercedes SUV."

Well, prolly better than to have found your wife in bed with your best friend...??
dunno.gif
grin.gif

No way!.....my wife would NEVER sleep with my mountain bike.
grin.gif

I've been trying to learn as much as possible about maintaining my wife's '97 Expedition. She said recently that she wanted to keep it for a long time since it's paid for. So, I've been here on BITOG & elsewhere doing my homework.

Well, yesterday I return from a bike ride with my daughter to find my wife on the computer looking at a......Mercedes SUV. Nothing against the Mercedes, but I just feel that all of my research may have been in vain.
frown.gif

No, wait!!!....If she does decide to go the Mercedes route, I'll sell my VW & confiscate the Expedition...yeah, that's what I'll do.
smile.gif
The difference in gas mileage would be offset by the fact that I wouldn't be making any payments on the Expy. Ahhhhh, I feel better now. I just needed to vent.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
...She said recently that she wanted to keep it for a long time since it's paid for.

You did not give her the response she was hoping for. She wanted you to say something like "No, I don't want my wife and daughter driving around in an old car."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back