Guy in 5.0 Mustang challenged me this morning to a race

I filled up my wife’s 2020 Mustang GT at Shell this morning around 7:30 AM and was going out for a drive on a 4 lane country road.

A guy in a yellow 2017 Mustang GT (435 horsepower Gen 2 Coyote 5.0 engine) pulls up beside me at a red light and revs his engine 3 times obviously wanting to race. I’m in my wife‘s 2020 Mustang GT stock/ no mods (460 horsepower Gen 3 Coyote 5.0 engine). I accept his challenge. The guy is around 30 years old, I don’t know if his 5.0 is modified or if his transmission is auto or manual. I didnt lower the passenger window to talk to him. I’m in the left lane and he’s in the right lane, no passenger in either car.

I put it in ‘Track Mode‘ , my left foot on the brake and I bring RPMs up to 1500 with my right foot waiting for the green light.
This country road is empty and it’s around 70 degrees, perfect conditions. :) LOL

The light turns GREEN
- I let off the brake , I’m about 50% on the gas pedal and my tires are spinning just a little and then hook.
- As soon as the Michelin Pilot Sport tires hook I go 100% WOT, I think a full tank of 93 octane help add weight above the tires.
- The 10R80 auto transmission shifts soooo lighting fast from 1st gear up to 7th gear and at around 135 MPH I’m about 5-6 car lengths ahead of him. I’m wondering if the gap would have been bigger if I had selected Drag Mode.

Not trying to break the law…… just having some fun with fellow Mustang driver.
The 2020 PP1 Mustang (photo) with auto trans runs high 11’s completely stock. Not bad for a car under $45K

218F82C9-CFA3-432F-8AC2-1510024D594A.png

Last edited:
I filled up my wife’s 2020 Mustang GT at Shell this morning around 7:30 AM and was going out for a drive on a 4 lane country road.

A guy in a yellow 2017 Mustang GT (435 horsepower Gen 2 Coyote 5.0 engine) pulls up beside me at a red light and revs his engine 3 times obviously wanting to race. I’m in my wife‘s 2020 Mustang GT stock/ no mods (460 horsepower Gen 3 Coyote 5.0 engine). I accept his challenge. The guy is around 30 years old, I don’t know if his 5.0 is modified or if his transmission is auto or manual. I didnt lower the passenger window to talk to him. I’m in the left lane and he’s in the right lane, no passenger in either car.

I put it in ‘Track Mode‘ , my left foot on the brake and I bring RPMs up to 1500 with my right foot waiting for the green light.
This country road is empty and it’s around 70 degrees, perfect conditions. :) LOL

The light turns GREEN
- I let off the brake , I’m about 50% on the gas pedal and my tires are spinning just a little and then hook.
- As soon as the Michelin Pilot Sport tires hook I go 100% WOT, I think a full tank of 93 octane help add weight above the tires.
- The 10R80 auto transmission shifts soooo lighting fast from 1st gear up to 7th gear and at around 135 MPH I’m about 5-6 car lengths ahead of him. I’m wondering if the gap would have been bigger if I had selected Drag Mode.

The 2020 PP1 Mustang (photo) with auto trans runs high 11’s completely stock. Not bad for a car under $45K

View attachment 97528
Nice looking car! Good thing the fuzz wasn't out!

The light turns GREEN

Nothing but kid behavior. Time to grow up. This is how innocent people get killed.

Back