Guns: Out of Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for a defense shotgun that will go in my gun rack in my Crown Vic. I was just gonna use my AR15 but its too fat for the lock. I've been looking online and almost everything is out of stock for shotguns. I would have imagined this would have been over months ago. How long do you think this will last?

Vic.jpg

Maybe check the used market. There are always people selling off guns they don't use. Any gun shows coming up in your area soon?

Previous spikes in demand for firearms and ammunition took years to resolve, after the perceived issue was over. The issues driving this spike in demand for firearms and ammunition are far from resolved...so, I'm frankly stunned that you would think that "this would have been over months ago" when the spike happened months ago and those issues are very much with us.

Gunbroker has plenty of firearms for sale. You can get what you want.

Expect to pay a 30% premium on new firearms, and up to a 50% premium on popular used firearms. I see no segment of the marketplace that is immune. Shotgun, rifle, revolver, pistol...the prices are up on new and used in every case...

Previous spikes in demand for firearms and ammunition took years to resolve, after the perceived issue was over. The issues driving this spike in demand for firearms and ammunition are far from resolved...so, I'm frankly stunned that you would think that "this would have been over months ago" when the spike happened months ago and those issues are very much with us.

Gunbroker has plenty of firearms for sale. You can get what you want.

Expect to pay a 30% premium on new firearms, and up to a 50% premium on popular used firearms. I see no segment of the marketplace that is immune. Shotgun, rifle, revolver, pistol...the prices are up on new and used in every case...
I really thought it would be a couple month ordeal. Its not looking like that anymore. I'm sure since this is a election year this is gonna take it out even longer than originally thought.

Part of my problem is used guns im finding are more expensive than MSRP. So far the only gun I can find that fits my needs is a Winchester SXP Defender. Which only Cabelas has them in stock. A couple hundred miles away from where I live.

I really thought it would be a couple month ordeal. Its not looking like that anymore. I'm sure since this is a election year this is gonna take it out even longer than originally thought.

Part of my problem is used guns im finding are more expensive than MSRP. So far the only gun I can find that fits my needs is a Winchester SXP Defender. Which only Cabelas has them in stock. A couple hundred miles away from where I live.

Road trip to Wichita. Grab a Braums ice cream, Nu Way crumbly burger and hit up Cabela's on the East Side. Get some non ethanol fuel from QT and call it a day!!!🇺🇸

I hope this is a legitimate question. Mods, please remove if it stirs the pot too much. The OP's question revolves around his need for occupational reasons. Is the spike in demand soley due to people hoarding guns? To me (I have hunting guns), it seems by now most people would have ample guns in their household. There seems to be a drop in hunting numbers. Guns do wear out with a LOT of use, but they generally last for many years.

Is it hoarding or is there another explanation? Thank you.

Road trip to Wichita. Grab a Braums ice cream, Nu Way crumbly burger and hit up Cabela's on the East Side. Get some non ethanol fuel from QT and call it a day!!!🇺🇸
The Cabela's in Wichita doesn't have anything from what ive seen. :cry:

I hope this is a legitimate question. Mods, please remove if it stirs the pot too much. The OP's question revolves around his need for occupational reasons. Is the spike in demand soley due to people hoarding guns? To me (I have hunting guns), it seems by now most people would have ample guns in their household. There seems to be a drop in hunting numbers. Guns do wear out with a LOT of use, but they generally last for many years.

Is it hoarding or is there another explanation? Thank you.
From what I have been reading, its the people that have never owned guns that are the ones buying them.

The people buying guns are not his regular customers. Rather, they are people who never have purchased a firearm before.

“I had a very busy weekend,” he said. “People are truly concerned. They are new-time gun buyers. These are not my hard-core gun buyers. People want to defend themselves.”

just wondering, would searching for a 20ga offer more nearby, decently priced choices?
20G is in the same boat.

Im looking at Mossberg Maverick 88 locally. Most are $400+ used. If I could go over to Kansas City you can buy them OTD for $220 brand spankin new. People are nuts.

I have a 12 gauge Maverick with the vent rib and replaceable choke . At one time , replaceable barrels were not too expensive . I am guessing you would want about an 18" barrel , cylinder bore ( a riot gun ) ? Purchased mine at Academy .

Best of luck to you :)

Several gun dealers in my area are completely out of handguns. Didn't ask about rifles, machine guns, etc. 9mm ammo is also nearly impossible to find. Ordered a 9mm pistol (Walther Creed) from my gun dealer in Nevada, TX. They say it has shipped, so I should see it next week. I was there last night, and they had just received their ammo shipment, so there were cases and cases of 9mm rounds sitting all around the store. But they were all the pricey rounds that you don't want to use for range practice. The cheap range rounds are the hardest to come by around here.

I have been looking for a defense shotgun that will go in my gun rack in my Crown Vic. I was just gonna use my AR15 but its too fat for the lock. I've been looking online and almost everything is out of stock for shotguns. I would have imagined this would have been over months ago. How long do you think this will last?

View attachment 25595

If you are "on the job" a good avenue is taking a blue label order and just deal with the back order time frame.

I have a 12 gauge Maverick with the vent rib and replaceable choke . At one time , replaceable barrels were not too expensive . I am guessing you would want about an 18" barrel , cylinder bore ( a riot gun ) ? Purchased mine at Academy .
I really want the 20" barrel since it carries more shells. Except that model is impossible to get. I found a 18" in Kansas City through Academy. Only problem is its a 400 mile drive. I went ahead and ordered it and it was the last one. So it looks like i'm gonna take a trip to KC.

If you are "on the job" a good avenue is taking a blue label order and just deal with the back order time frame.
I looked down that route. There's not a lot to choose from in blue labels for shotguns. I'm probably gonna be buying a Glock pretty soon. I definitely will be taking that route with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back