Guns in New Zealand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would never lump. NZs laws with oz...some aussies plan to retire there because of them

be very careful of the agenda behind the second article linked...the antis latest thread to tug on the public psyche is thst "every illegal gun was once legal", and theft from licenced owners is enabling criminals.

My former local member was wanting all guns stired at ab armory at the rifle ranges, with armed security paid for by the members...

We tend to follow Victoria in traffic rules for some reason, and I think the powers that be do keep an eye on Aussie laws, we don't want a culture shock from all the to a fro-ing.

There are very definitely illegal guns in the criminal world, and in a previous life I have seen pistols and sawn offs in the hands of those on the otherside of the law. These are stolen, and they know where to steal them, it's not random. But not a problem to 99% of the population...in most cases of innocents in the way of guns the idiots doing a home invasion have got the wrong address, they should be next door.

My jaw dropped the second I saw the FAL.
20.gif

NZ seems to have a lot more rational decisions made in a variety of fields than Australia.

I like the new coin series where the 10c is made copper and the lowest denomination. Especially when the currency had devalued to less than a tenth of the original value since decimalization. Makes sense.

Crinkles...next time you see an official stating that we need to get rid of the 5c due to metal prices not devaluation...grab your powder scales and weigh a 5, 10, and 20...then see how the meral price argument stacks.

I don't use coins, they end up in the washing machine - 5 10, and 20 dollar notes are all the cash I use, otherwise it's a credit card or EFTPOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back